Ctrl+s on code view randomly deletes all content of the page

Wappler Version : 3.7.3
Operating System : Windows 10
Server Model: php
Database Type: mysql
Hosting Type: ftp

Expected behavior

When editing in code view, saving should not clear the whole page.

Actual behavior

Very randomly (once every 3 to 5 times one saves), while saving a page in code view, the whole code disappears, leaving a blank page. I suspect this: Error on saving file in code view is related.
I wonder if this steams from fixing the temp files recently when we were having random issues with wappler not saving at all.
Ctrl-Z brings back the code, including the latest changes (maybe proving they were saved to a temp file, before being flushed out).
I cannot reproduce at will.

How to reproduce

1. open a project in code view
  2. edit different components and save with ctrl+s
  3. eventually the page will be totally emptied after a save

Probably same issue as: Page goes blank on save ?
Can you please restart Wappler with logging, recreate the issue and send us the debug log after this happens.

Sure thing @Teodor - do we have a kb on enabling logging and where the logs are written? I am not familiar with the procedure.

1 Like

I keep trying to recreate this, but it doesn’t happen on my both computers.
Maybe if you noticed a pattern which makes this happen - share it with us, so we can try reproducing it.

I’ve been working for the last 5 min with debug enabled and it hasn’t happened yet. The only pattern/difference I can see, other than having the logging enabled, is that I was saving repeatedly and very fast (testing different css attributes and checking them on the browser and then back to wappler) - right now I’m going considerably slower; maybe some kind of racing condition, or the amount of saves in a session?

I positively think the logging is preventing the issue from reoccurring…

Same problem here, also with empty pages on save. Sometimes I can’t save the page at all, have to quit Wappler and then I can save the pagechrome_debug.log.zip (1.6 KB)

I have experienced not being able to save too! I hit CTRL+S and the blue dot stays on the tab to indicate outstanding changes. What I have noticed, is that in code view, when you hover over a tag you normally get the description:

When I struggle to save it just says Loading…

It’s really inconsistent and sometimes leaving it and coming back later resolves it. It seems almost like a connectivity issue. I’m using Docker on AWS so I thought saving would be local until clicking Deploy so shouldn’t rely on internet connection. Just in case it’s pertinent it is on M1 Mac Mini with the Docker beta.

Please keep different bug reports in different topics! Mixing different problems in the same topic, not related to each other makes it really difficult to follow.

This topic is about “Code randomly deleted on page save”. If you are experiencing different issue, post it in a separate topic, with as much detailed info on how to reproduce it as well as with debug log attached.

This is probably related to the issues reported here:

which will be fixed in this week’s update.

1 Like

Great to hear!

Edit: I just happened to reproduce this issue and capture it. I’m uploading the logs in the unfortunate case the issue needed to be looked at again.chrome_debug.zip (124.3 KB)

This should be fixed in Wappler 3.7.4

This topic was automatically closed after 46 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.