Creating Master detail Page

Hello, I have two pages. list_news.php and news_detail.php
list_news.php - has a query that lists news headlines and published dates
news_detail.php - is supposed to display the full news item when the a headline is clicked on the first page.

I have looked for a tutorial on how to do this inside wappler without success. The one located here does this one single page. I want mine on two different pages. how can I do this.

1 Like

Please check the docs:

These may help with the techniques you need, liots of references out there if you search

Hi @Teodor I am sorry for bothering. But I have gone through this tutorial and I am sorry to say it did not address my problem. I was only able to filter DB records with this tutorial by manually changing the record id in the address bar (http://localhost/policy2/read_news.php?news_filter=6) which is not what I want.

I want to be able to click on a db record listed in a bootstrap table on page1.php for it to display record details on page2.php. In Dreamweaver Server Behaviours, this was called Master/Detail page and it could be done in one single action window. Now that I have completed tutorial above, on page2.php how do i get page1.php to send data to page2.
FYI; I have seen this tutorial but it does not solve my problem

Itt’s done exactly the same as in Dreamweaver. No difference at all.

Are you wanting to have your users click on a button or on text to go from page 1 to page 2?

how?

Follow this tutorial, @enyonam

text. It is news table with headline, date of publication, author , etc.
Page1.php will have just the headlines which when clicked will open page2.php with the rest of details.

@brad this I can do. Difference between this and what I want is that, this is on a single page while I want mine on another page

All you would need to do is select the cell that you want the link to be inside of. Click inside. Highlight the text and then click on the link icon in the little toolbar that pops up.

Then in the App Structure side, click on the link in the table and scroll down to Dynamic Attributes.

Click on the plus sign and click on Link.

In the value, enter this ‘page2.php?id=’{{articleid}}

Very important that you wrap the static text in single quotes.

The id after the ? will need to be whatever variable you have in your query for the where clause.

The {{articleid}} would be whatever your id field is called. This should be availabile in the data picker.

Save the page and you should have your working list of articles on one page and the actual articles on the other page.

1 Like

Thanks. Sorted.

1 Like