Connection pooling - NodeJS + PostgeSQL

Hi all,

We’re looking at rolling out a test platform with a couple of hundred users. The one concern we have is the database connections. We’re going direct at the moment and instead need to connect via a Postgres connection pool.

I’ve scoured this forum for hours looking for guidance but can find nothing.

Can anyone provide guidance on how to explicilty set up our DB manager to use a pool.

Thanks

With NodeJS we use the knex module for the database connection, it has build-in pooling support. For more information see http://knexjs.org/#Installation-pooling.

Thanks Patrick.

I’ll give it a look. Appreciate your fast response.

John

Hi Patrick/all,

To anyone using Knexjs with NodeJS and PostrgeSQL, is it as simple as editing the connection file and adding the pooling constraints within, or is it a drains-up client-side development exercise ?

As Wappler uses KnexJS anyway, this seemed to suggest it could be a connection edit rather than some scary alternative …

I’d just like some guidance before we go down the heavy-lifting route…

Thanks

@patrick do you think this could be included somehow in the UI so it can be done within Wappler?

That would be very helpful for me also.

Though it also suggests that it’s a configuration issue only - can someone guide me on doing this manually ? Nearing release and need to have a DB connection pool in place to get by the DevOps fiends.

thanks

@scalaris how do you made this change? thanks!

I’m hoping to find out myself. It feels like it is a configuration issue - maybe an edit of the db_conn.json ??

Anyone ?>

Thanks

But do you really need to set the pool settings? The defaults are all fine usually.

Thanks George.

Operations team necessitate it. And the ability to configure as required. That’s how it works out!

As it stands don’t even know what the pool settings are (or they exist) by default. That’s what I’m looking for. What do I config and where? Once I know that, I can get it out there and get some adoption internally.

The defaults are min 2 and max 10
As per
http://knexjs.org/#Installation-pooling

And those are all fine and there is really no need to change them.

Connection pooling options have been added to Wappler 4.6.4

1 Like

This was a year ago when i asked. Why the sudden interest? Date issues?

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.