Confusing issue with repeats nested in repeats having no output fields in UI

Not sure if this is a bug or if I am just not thinking straight, which often leads to things not working :crazy_face:

I have some server action with some queries and repeats. The end goal is to send some email to some specific users regarding some data in my db.

Where I get stuck is that in some nested repeat I can’t seem to get output fields available in the UI:

In the grand scheme of the server action it is this repeat within another repeat. Here you can also see I have a condition to check if the output from a query is empty and either do or don’t do some stuff after that check:

But the strange is is that when I set a var called output to the repeat’s value like so:

I do see the data in the output of the var within the repeat:

So I expect this data to be available as fields in the UI for output, so I can make a ‘send an email’ action for each email in the repeat. But for some reason, it shows Empty list.

Could any one see if getting output fields from repeat within a condition within a repeat works or if I should file this as a bug?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bg

Jelle

I’ve noticed that the Output Fields are often not populated until the file is saved, and you click on another action and then return to the repeat action…even when not nested. Perhaps you are running into this?

Thanks for the super swift reply, @mebeingken. I have actually tried saving the file, shutting it, opening another server action, reopening this one. Restarting Wappler.

But… no bueno…

There is a few bug reports like this the only solution so far seems to be editing the repeat in code view but this is not recommended.

Maybe this hasn’t been resolved yet?

Thanks for the response, @Sorry_Duh!
My issue seems very similar to the issues you mentioned. Smells like a bug to me!

I’ll fix this issue with the code view for now.

I’m having this same issue.

I figured out if there’s a Set Value prior to the repeat it causes the issue.

@Teodor - this definitely seems like a bug.

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.6

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.