Change Masonry Breakpoints

Is there a way other than in dmxMasonry.js to change the breakpoints for small, medium, large, etc?

Also, I note that there is an xxl value in the .js file but that doesn't appear in the masonry options, nor does it work manually adding it to the code.

Hey Heather,

Something like that?
On my content page I added a page flow with auto-run and I call a javascript function initMasnrBrkpoints.
Or anyother way you like to do it

masonry1 is my masonry id

<script>
    function initMasnrBrkpoints() {

const element = document.getElementById('masonry1');
        if (element) {
            console.log(element.dmxComponent.breakpoints);
            element.dmxComponent.breakpoints.sm = 100;
            element.dmxComponent.breakpoints.md = 200;
            element.dmxComponent.breakpoints.lg = 300;
            element.dmxComponent.breakpoints.xm = 400;
            element.dmxComponent.breakpoints.xl = 500;
            console.log(element.dmxComponent.breakpoints);
        } else {

console.log('component not found in DOM');
        }
    }

</script>
1 Like

Cool. That's definitely better than doing it directly in the dmxMasonry.js
Thx.

Oh - what's the xm size? Is that one that you've just randomly named that you can use in the masonry code?

Edit: This isn't working for me. It's not overriding the values in dmxMasonry.js

Maybe I didn't understand correctly or it is because I'm on AC1...

I tried to change the values of the default values of masonry breakpoints and i think it works:

So, look at the short video (until 0:30) without the breakpoint changes and then with the changes:
*at about 0:30 I switched to wappler, uncommented the javascript changes, saved and switch back to browser but it is not visible in the video...

You can add the following to the masonry container code in order to se custom breakpoints:

dmx-bind:breakpoints="{ sm: 480, md: 768, lg: 992, xl: 1200, xxl: 1400 }"

Note, this is available in App Connect 2 / Masonry v2 and not available for the old version 1.

This option will be added in the UI in the next update.

2 Likes

Awesome!!! Thanks @Teodor

The XXL breakpoint isn't working. Have tested with several breakpoints/columns and it never changes at the XXLarge breakpoint.

Very cool to be able to put the breakpoints into the GUI though!

Are you sure you’re on the latest Wappler and the latest masonry js file is on the server? Also make sure to clear your browser cache.

That was it - I hadn't uploaded the latest masonry js file. D'oh.

This topic was automatically closed after 12 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.