Can't install an extension on my project

Hi,

Just tried to install an extension on my project following the instructions in this tutorial, also tried to add from terminal, then restarted Wappler, but it doesn’t come up on the component list.

Could someone point me to the right direction, what should I do?

Many thanks!
Gabor

Have a look at this video, starting at 1 minute into the video:

1 Like

Thanks @ben! Unfortunately it didn’t help, not even sure that the extension has been installed at all.
Projects settings/Extensions window seems to be updating the project.json:

But still not showing up in the component list.

@Teodor, do you have any idea, what could be the problem? Tried to install Ben’s youtube video player extension as well and got the same result, does not come up in the component list.

Hi Gabor,

Extensions should be automatically installed when you save your project options. You should see that happening in the output in the publishing panel below.

So there is no need to do any npm install or so - specially what I see that you are doing npm install in your docker containers where your site code is but nothing to do with Wappler’s working and extensions.

Hi George,

Tried both ways, I can see the output saying installing extension, then it updates the project.json successfully, the only part missing is the actual component icon appearing in wappler. I created this project probably years ago, not sure if matters, my next idea is to import as a new project with an optional full wappler reinstall if you don’t have a better idea what else could I check.

Gabor

Can you check on node_modules folder?

In Ken’s extension you’re pointing, should be something like:
wappler_infinity_scroll

Tested and have no issues.

Hi Francisco,

Thanks for your input! Yes, I have that folder with the same content!

Gabor

And where are you trying to insert the infinity scroll? Maybe it is not available everywhere

Are you using Bootstrap 5?

Yes, Bootstrap 5 (built in bootswatch theme).

Tried to insert everywhere I could imagine, on both layout and content pages, App, a Section where I have all the components, Container and the repeat itself.