Cannot see output on web page, but can in developer view

Hi I would be grateful for some assistance.
I have some values that appear in developer view but I cannot get them to display on the page.
I have used set value in the API, have called the API from a server connect form and added the data to a modal. There is no redirect it is just back to the same page. But the data will not show. Obviously I have made a mistake but I would be grateful if someone can point out the error of my ways.

It looks like you’re actually trying to show a value returned when the form is submitted. Try:

{{modal1.form_availability.data.total_price_fmt}}
1 Like

Thanks bps, that worked a treat.

Similar problem with date picker. Can someone take a look? Thanks!
The odd thing is that if I populate invalidate date with the same query that works fine

Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 11.15.07|626x500

What exactly the problem with the datepicker is? What should we look at on your screenshot?

What do you mean?

for some reason it is not displaying the 2nd screenshot. The date picker is not showing the data - here it is again

What are you trying to show in this datepicker? Are you sure you don’t want to use a date range picker instead?

If I set up INVALID DATES option with the same data I can see the dates crossed out in the time picker

If you are trying to display a range with start and end dates, you need to use a date range picker.

I tried that, it didn’t work either

Checked the page from your screenshots and it’s actually functioning perfectly well, it shows the range properly for the record you selected:

Oh I see now Theo thanks. I am trying to make a booking calendar. Users need to select the date they want to check out, but if there is someone booked on that day they cannot do this, only the date before. Is there a way round this or am I using the wrong tool for the job? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Why not use the invalid dates then? Invalid dates are dates which cannot be selected.

I have as you can see in the screenshot. But actually they need to select the check out date, and if someone is due to arrive on the check out date it becomes invalid.

I am not sure i am following you.
What’s the issue with the invalid dates? If a date is set as invalid it becomes non-selectable.

yes I fully understand that. but imagine you are booking a hotel. you want to select the date you arrive and the date you check out. But if you want to show available dates, technically the last night is not available as the following morning is made invalid by someone checking in. In the above example, a guest wanting to stay in the available dates from May 3rd and check out 7th cannot book this even though it is available, as someone is checking in on 7th.

The calendar does not have an option to allow an invalid date to be selected. Either it should not be marked as invalid or it will be non-selectable.

okay does anybody have any recommendations for making a hotel style booking system?

Maybe you can store start date + 1day as an invalid date, making the start date actually available to pick. And store the start date itself as a custom date so you can style it with some custom class.
The idea is the start day can be customized to look like booked, but being a custom date it will be available to select.

1 Like