Cannot access Connection properties to specify mysql server login

For the life of me I can’t get the Wappler 2.1.3 on my Mac to show the Connection Properties OPTIONS so that I can complete the connection.

The online tutorials show different titles for some categories I have to use but I’ve ( I think) sorted those out.

Right off the bat I don’t see my Wappler acting the same way when I set up Server Actions. It does not automatically create an html file in a tab that is named the same as Data or Records.html, for instance. But I make sure I have corresponding files created and editable.

Where Wappler tutorial shows selecting the connection action – Server Connection from the Server Actions & getting to set up SERVER CONNECT OPTIONS such as my localhost mysql server url, user name & password & port spec –

I cannot see the OPTIONS to finish for a mysql database connection.

The lefthand panel in my screenshot just shows the names of the server action files I’ve created as I tried to finish up the properties Options.

Looks like you are in App connect, database connections are made in Server Connect.

Then

Even Dreamweaver was simpler.
Wappler only needs one form–
Fill in FTP & local folder & PHP/MySQL server info
Test FTP, then click button and test the Data server (which is usually not in the FTP or local folder Server)
Confirm
DONE in 30 seconds

Wappler has all it needs to load all the same files it does now to the local folder.

CONNECTIONS made.

Then open file and continue to add server components, forms, queries – which all work better after Connections made.

Sorry but i do not have a clue what you are trying to say, The Wappler process is simple and much better than DW. Wappler only needs the database connection to be defined once within Server Connect, what is your issue?

No, sorry not

I sent a screen shot from moving around to different views
The connections were already made
But,

I can not get “Connection properties” with CONNECTION OPTIONS to show up in the Connection1 or Connection 2 PROPERTIES PANEL

@NewMedia
I don’t really understand what your issue is and what you are saying, but here are the tutorials explaining how to connect to a database and display data on the page, in the exact order you need:

Still not clear what you mean If you are referring to the INPUT PARAMETERS, there will only be options shown in that section if $_GET variables are defined in the server connection

I know, I know what these tutorials show
Been over and over them
Here is what I GET today
the PROPERTIES View for a specific DATABASE CONNECTION does NOT SHOW
OPTIONS

All I keep getting is “Select Server Action” – I cannot ADD or EDIT the Database Connections themselves

Well I don’t see any database connection step on your screenshot.
You have selected ‘settings’.
Why not just follow the tutorials step by step and click where it is explained to click.

Maybe you should view this video if you haven’t and then it may clarify things

And just to clarify - a server action is not equal to a database connection.
You add the database connection inside the server action steps as explained in the docs.

I could show you the individual connections steps where I followed exactly the tutorials
What I am saying is that the TUTORIALs I have followed
are NOT MATCHING what comes next when I complete those steps

I made connections, the FTP target works fine
but some step is missing in the Tutorials at least as far as how the LATEST PRO WAPPLER 2.1.3 is stepping through

All I can say is that when I try to access the FINAL STEPS – the OPTIONS
in PROPERTIES for a defined Connection

the OPTIONS that would open up the final step to define the mysql properties to connect to the data server and then table does NOT appear

all I get is Select Server Action

At any rate, I will leave you alone & thank you for your time

I understand every single piece of advice

It is an issue where the program can not duplicate every single step of the Tutorials

Sorry, you totally lost me - I have no idea what are you referring to.
All you need to do is to add a database connection step and then select it. The connection options button will appear then.

Understood…the server actions are contained in a file
that give instructions for the whole app

Of course, the actual CONNECTION to the database is a prerequisite
at this point the only way I can connect is to go and manually Edit the files in the project folder

This is already the second project I have started in a new folder to see if I can get Wappler to show the same steps the tutorial assumes are immediately available

I really don’t understand what do you mean.

I have connected to HUNDREDS & HUNDREDS of database servers with all sorts of connections since 1996

Not amusing that Wappler has been the most difficult of all

Again, I don’t understand what the issue is.
Please explain which step EXACTLY of the following tutorial is not clear for you:

I will keep working
Thanks for trying to understand it !

The process is as follows: