Can I use Wappler without Bootstrap?

@JonL Jonas can you please don’t comment on my post if possible because I feel you are not trying to help me specifically on a personal level?

Yep, you can do all of that:

This is the basic tab but there’s the advanced where you can pretty much override everything that bootstrap sets.

What are you actually trying to build? Perhaps telling us that will help the conversation.

One key thing with Webflow is you have to keep the subscription running to keep the site live. So what if they put their prices up? What if they sell out to another company who change its direction? What if they disappear? You’re completely tied into them for everything and I see that as incredibly risky especially if building sites for clients.

@sitestreet

I am not building for clients I want to build a marketplace web app with a simple user login and client login.
Client uploads listings, users browse listings.
That’s it

Webflow shouldn’t go anywhere at least for the forseeable future and you can always download your code right?

*EDIT:
Wappler should go way before Webflow if size is important

Thanks!

Front end code I think you can download, not sure about anything it can do or allow regarding dynamic stuff, though.

In all honesty, Wappler is absolutely perfect for this.

Yes. You could edit the BS file directly but it would probably take you several hours to accomplish the same result (and it would be a bad idea anyway). I mentioned in a thread, before Wappler’s Theme Manager was available:

And if you’re not happy with the colour scheme - you can try a completely different one in a few seconds.

Yes, there are hundreds of variables you can change. There’s a basic section (for colours, fonts, enabling transition and shadows) and an advanced section, eg:

One way or another, you’ll have to have backups etc, whether or not you use Git as discussed in the thread I mentioned. However, I think this area of Wappler needs a better solution and I’m sure the team is aware of it.

Of course not.

FYI just because you open a post doesn’t make it “your post”. You asked for help and the community
including myself jumped to help you.

Then you got all defensive because we all here agree that bootstrap is more useful than writing plain CSS and you start spreading misinformation about Bootstrap out of ignorance or because you have a hidden agenda.

I’m starting to get the impression that you bring food to your house by being that middleman you mentioned previously and this bothers you somehow or you are just here to promote competitors.

You are constantly backtracking every other post. First you thank people for their help and the next post you just bash Bootstrap/Wappler, and promote competition and your CSS skills over the most popular CSS framework.

And you just did it again while I was writing this. You clearly have a hidden agenda, and I feel sorry for all the people that are still trying to help you.

1 Like

@JonL

Can somebody remove this person from here?

He clearly validates the first thing I wrote about him.
He can’t help it, he wants to have the last word.

Dude leave me alone I am NOT spreading anything I am TRYING to figure out how to do my job!

Jesus!

:joy:

I really hope you subscribe to the product to prove me wrong. Time will tell.

@JonL

Dude you have a harasive behavior you should go look into it.
All of a sudden you are accusing me of things, you are full of irony and a bit of racist if I may say.

How am I a middle man why are you mocking me here, I want to create my own thing I am not working for others.

I come on this forum trying to understand if this is something for me alright?

Having to push back all the salesy stuff and get a bit deeper to what’s going on so I can help myself achieve what I have set to.

You are expressing antisocial behaviour, I am a new lead and can be a new client and you accusing me of being a bitter middle man are you serious?
They let you run your mouth in here and now you want me to trust this platform?
HELL NO.

Jonas keep talking you are making things better for everybody but oh yeah I forgot, you have to say the last word because (insert reason).

Nobody owes you anything pal you behave all bossy and self entintled, how is this helping new members stick with Wappler?
I haven’t even started working seriously on the thing and pfff full of negativity and accusations like you know me from yesterday

Insane.

Thanks for the help.

Oh the irony…

Please let me know your race so I can confirm the validity of this point.

Now that’s the perfect business decision.

Have you ever heard of high maintenance clients?

Let´s hope others find a way to convince you so you can start building things. Although I think you already wasted enough time from the community.

Just build something with Wappler and stop whining ffs.

@JonL

You are correct in everything you say.

Take care.

1 Like

@JonL

Thanks.

1 Like

@TomD @Teodor @htatd @sitestreet @sid

Finally.

We can rest that aside now.

If anybody wants to explain to me now how a designer like myself would react if a new version of Wappler broke my database or something else inside my web app?

Is it fair to say that Designers with no database or back-end knowledge would require at least support from this forum and quite possibly to hire somebody else to fix any issues?
While this is happening would my logged in web app visitors be in security risk?

I am not bashing the software, the software might be great for what it does, but for myself as a designer what would I do in case of an emergency like this because I was not aware about pushed updates that broke my site?

Thanks again for your valuable time everybody.

You would contact support or get on this forum. And you always have the option of rolling back to a backup (you have to have backups in place for any serious web app).

@sitestreet

Alright thanks for your help.

Peace.

There are no pushed updates that would break your app. Your app is stored on your hosting. The only possible thing is if there was an update in Wappler which then changed something which updated your app scripts but that’s extremely rare, in fact I’m not sure if that’s ever happened. And there would be support available and I am totally confident a fix would be provided very quickly.

It’s not like a hosted solution where updates happen without your knowledge. Or like Wordpress where updates might happen automatically. Your app is on your hosting and isn’t updated unless you specifically updated it.

Whoops right that makes my logged in users question totally irrelevant right?

Apologies I am only a designer with front end knowledge which is the easy part…

I think you now need to download the 7-day trial, go through some YouTube videos or do the training here and get stuck in.

1 Like

Alright thanks a lot for your help.

1 Like