Can I Copy and Paste in the App Structure Window?

Am I right in saying there is no way to cut/copy and paste an element or element collection in the App Structure window?

I know I can duplicate, but that is not so easy to use if the destination for the duplicated item is in a completely different area of the app structure.

And I know I can cut and paste in the code editor… but my app is very large so there is too much complexity in there to do cut and paste reliably.

Thanks,
Antony.

Hello,
It’s not possible to copy and paste elements in App Structure.
I think there’s already a feature request for this.

You can duplicate it and then drag it to where you want it.

1 Like

it will certainly be an awesome feature to add. I found myself recreating similar form elements when all i could’ve just copied and pasted an existing form and just removed unwanted elements.

Yes @brad, but as I said, that is very tedious to do if the destination is a long way from the source in a large design structure…

What’s the difference? You still have to scroll to your final destination any ways?

Hi there @brad… that is true, but you have to open up both locations first, and if they are 2 page scrolls away and each is 6 levels of hierarchy deep, it becomes very frustrating to do!

Copy and Paste in the App Structure is not that easy as you might think.
First - just as with duplicate - unique element IDs have to be generated. Second you can’t just paste the copied code anywhere … we have nesting rules that have to be respected.

But there are some possibilities we can investigate and build solution based on duplicate functionality indeed. So will see what we can do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @George! :slight_smile: