Building a full SCRUD application - Bubble vs Wappler

Hi guys, i’m new here and this is my second day on this forum.
I only heard about Wappler about 2 weeks ago when someone asked about Bubble vs Wappler in the Bubble.is forum.

I’m an experienced Bubble user but had never heard about Wappler so I decided to see what Wapper provides.
I watched a number of videos from the Wappler youtube video, install the software and looked around.
But I wanted to see how to create a simple application from start to finish in Wappler and thankfully @Hyperbytes created a walkthrough video Build a full SCRUD application in around 15 minutes that was really amazing. It really answered a lot of questions that I had about Wappler. The only thing I wish had been included was the database, server and connections setup. Notheless thanks a lot for creating that video.

One thing though i’ve noticed is how the Bubble and Wappler communities don’t know each other.
But from the little i’ve seen, Bubble and Wappler are competing products (there are some few major differences).

So I posted @Hyperbytes wappler tutorial on the Bubble forum to give over 500,000 bubble users an idea of what Wappler is all about.

I also know there are a lot Wappler users who haven’t heard of bubble or knows a little about bubble.
So I decided to create a similar walkthrough video of creating a full SCRUD application in bubble in 25 minutes.
The main difference in my video is that it includes the complete setup from creating the database, setting up permissions and login flows.

Note this video is just a walkthrough with me talking to myself. Nothing was scripted and the video wasn’t edited. Sit back and enjoy the nice background music.

Hopefully these two videos will help new users in deciding which platform may suite their needs.

Personally I’m going to use both as each has its own unique use case.

3 Likes

Hi Sean,

Good to see you are discovering the power of Wappler :slight_smile: and thank you for sharing it with the Bubble users.

As for the database design and creation you might want to check the Wappler video series of Paul (@psweb) at https://www.learnwappler.com/

He really covers the full database development there as well.

And of course Brian (@Hyperbytes) has a whole site of his Wappler videos at:
https://wapplerunwrapped.online/

So there is a lot to watch and learn :slight_smile:

Btw in my opinion each product - Bubble, Webflow and Wappler, serve their own specific user base. Of course there is overlap but each product has its unique set of features and target group.

When people hit the limits of Bubble and Webflow, they come to Wappler because of its unlimited support for building full custom solution totally independent of any hosting as well as the integrated front-end and back-end frameworks, wide database support and mobile and desktop apps building.

Wappler is also a unique productivity tool for web professionals that want full control of their custom site but also don’t want to program it all manually or use frameworks like ReactJS, VueJS or Angular - because with Wappler they can achieve the same results much easier and faster.

5 Likes

I’ve used bubble before, it’s quite a bit bulkier, slower and limited. Like George says, Wappler is (almost) unlimited, and very fast to work with.

2 Likes

hi @Seanhoots

The video was developed to show the speed of wappler, my webinars starting next week will be much more detailed and include database setup , ftp connections, validation and lots more. hope you can join me then

6 Likes