Bug Report Can't add S3 provider error field region is required

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.19044
  • Wappler Version : 4.9.1

Problem description

I can’t add an S3 provider to a new project, because upon attempting to save the file I get the message error field region is required! The region field is selected, it doesn’t seem to matter which region I pick (DigitalOcean as provider in this case)

Thanks in advance for your support!

EDIT: if anyone would be able to provide me with the format for the code editor view I can at least manually add the account, that would be awesome!

report1652765979337.zip (119.8 KB)

Code for also digitalocean

{
  "name": "MYNAME",
  "module": "s3",
  "action": "provider",
  "options": {
    "service": "digitalocean",
    "endpoint": "ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com",
    "accessKeyId": "REDACTED",
    "secretAccessKey": "REDACTED"
  }
}
1 Like

It’s also not possible to edit existing S3 Provider details.

I’m getting the same error. Even if details are hard coded, the fields still show no data when s3 module is re-opened.

Update:

I’m working with an AWS s3 bucket. The bucket is not accessible even after I have hard coded the credentials. I’m getting an error message if I try to access the image via a dynamic route I created.

The project target is set up as Connection: Local and Server Type: Docker. Is this the reason for aws-sdk/client-s3 not getting added?

{"status":"500","code":"MODULE_NOT_FOUND","message":"Cannot find module '@aws-sdk/client-s3'\nRequire stack:\n- /opt/node_app/lib/core/app.js\n- /opt/node_app/lib/core/middleware.js\n- /opt/node_app/lib/setup/routes.js\n- /opt/node_app/lib/server.js\n- /opt/node_app/index.js",....

Has there been any progress or update on this issue?

bump

Hi, any updates on this issue. It’s kinda stopping me getting past step 1. First time I setup an S3 for AWS and can’t really do much. It’s a bit time critical for me here. @Teodor @patrick any idea if this bug will be fixed soon?

The validation error has been fixed now and an inline extension update for the S3 Connector is available.

So install it and let me know if everything is ok now.

The updated extension has fixed the validation error. Thanks @George

1 Like