Bubblers, please start here

From bubble also. Trying my best to learn wappler. :slight_smile: let’s help one another. We can do this. :smiley:

4 Likes

Have to love Bubble :smiley:

Just a heads up: I moved most of the functionality from a Bubble app with around 2m workload units a month away from Bubble. Then I downgraded the app from the $529/mo legacy plan to one of the new workload plans.

Here is the catch: Bubble immediately cancels your old plan and calculates your workload unit backward for the month. So they calculate WU you already paid for with your old plan into your new plan.

Next, you get a nice email:

CleanShot 2023-05-26 at 16.09.38

Now I can either keep the app down or pay backward for 2m WU I technically already paid for. Love Bubble lol

So if you update to the new plans but still need to keep the app, do that on the first day of the new month, or you pay backward.

3 Likes

This sounds dodgy at best and illegal at worst. Shocking.

1 Like

Hi Drahgoone
I’ve got full sympathy for you. I made the same decision in March after the initial price announcement. I was about 6 weeks from launching my project when Bubble dropped the bombshell. I’d always had concerns about trusting a 3rd party for coding as pricing and technical decisions were out of my hands. It’s a big risk for your clients. So I put all launch dates on hold and moved to Wappler.
So far I’ve had no regrets, plenty of highs and lows but definitely no regrets.
The first 2 months you will experience a massive learning curve and a sense of frustration. The frustration comes from thinking 'I could have done this in Bubble in 5 minutes ’ and it’s taken me several requests to the Wappler community to figure it out🙂. The community is brilliant, ( as is bubble) they have been patient with my dumb questions and very quick to respond. Once you get through this phase, the sense of achievement when you complete your first task without resorting to tutorials is amazing. The biggest danger is scope creep, Wappler basically allows you to do most things, so there’s a chance you get distracted in developing new functionality, whereas I had to compromise with Bubble to get around the dreaded red code issue🙂

My gut feel is a project which took 6 months in Bubble will be about 8 months in Wappler, but comparing that to writing from scratch in PHP ( like the old days). where I think the same task would be about 18 months+.
Hope your project goes well

3 Likes