BS5 Form Generators

Hi @george,
One of the very few frustrating things in W4 at the moment is having to manually adjust forms because there isn’t a BS5 form generator yet. It leaves the choice of using the BS4 one and having to adjust classes and make modifications or making your form from scratch. Neither of these options fits the extremely slick and efficient nature found in the rest of the UI.

The team absolutely deserve a Summer break after an immense effort leading to W4.0 release. Could I just ask that on your return some time is sent implementing a BS5 form generator as a matter of priority?

Enjoy your break! :beer: :beer: :beer: :cocktail: :tropical_drink:

Not sure what you mean but Bootstrap 5 generators have been available for quite some time already …

It doesn’t show when converting a form, which is how I’ve always done it for BS4

With BS5 project and framework:

1 Like

Also, because it doesn’t appear in the list for a form, once added to a page you can’t run the generator again without removing it and re-adding it

Now that I’ve run it through selecting it as a component from the picker, some of the long-standing class issues are still there. These are the two that are initially obvious

• Selects should have the form-select class (not form-control)
  • Switches (not available in the generator but added later) are added as checkboxes:
<div class="form-control form-switch">
  <input class="form-control-input" type="checkbox" value="" id="checkbox1" name="checkbox1">
  <label class="form-control-label" for="checkbox1">Default switch</label>
</div>

instead of

<div class="form-check form-switch">
  <input class="form-check-input" type="checkbox" value="" id="checkbox1" name="checkbox1">
  <label class="form-check-label" for="checkbox1">Default switch</label>
</div>
1 Like

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.0.2

This topic was automatically closed after 46 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.