Beta 10: Opens SC actions panels at full width by default and there is no `Save` button

Wappler Version : 4.0.0-Beta-10
Operating System : Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: MYSQL
Hosting Type: Docker

Expected behavior

Wappler should not automatically open SC actions at full width by default.

Actual behavior

It does it…

How to reproduce

Download and Install Wappler 4.0.0-Beta-10, and then go to any SC action and open it up.

Actually, it’s not a bug. It’s a new feature. It’s been discussed over the past weeks extensively.

Sad, as I’m more drawn to the old SC panel layout, and with the ability to use it as it was, the no “Save” button is also a new feature? I have to close the panel in order to get the Save confirmation dialog to pop up… also when I hit CTRL + S, it just moves me to the next tab, instead of displaying the Save confirmation dialog… is this also a new feature?

1 Like

Yup. Same as with any file.

I have no problems saving on cmd+s. Don’t have windows to try. So if it happens to you it could be a bug.

As Jon explains, that’s a new feature - the server actions and flows are now opened as separate tabs, just as your HTML pages.

You save the same way as your HTML pages - using CTRL+S on Windows or CMD+S on Mac.
I just tested saving again on Windows and no issues.

Once you get used to this tab setup it’s amazing. Can’t imagine going back. :slight_smile:

nvm, I had auto-export validations to the form enabled in the Settings, it’s the expected behavior! :smiley:

thanks for all the replies Wappler Team! :smiley: :heart:

I love the new look but…

Will you be adding split tabs? I really need to have an HTML page open and the SC panels open at the same time and not be clicking between tabs. For the moment, this is a step backwards for me. Sorry.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m saying… I loved the old layout, with the ability of still being able to work with HTML editor editor opened

2 Likes

Even if the screen was split into two columns, the left being SC tabs, the right HTML tabs, that would solve it. If you don’t have anything open in one of them, let the other occupy the full width.

Amen, this full screen tab thing its really annoying .

1 Like

This was confirmed Jon. Having taken the wise choice of removing the legacy panel it’s even clearer that they are going for slipt tabs.

1 Like

I’m just making sure that is the plan. I will struggle to use Beta10 in its current form.

I think this is my ideal solution.

1 Like

That would be too opinionated I think. Remember that more things are coming to tabs. Each user should decide what they want in split tabs.

So long as I can configure it to behave that way, I’ll be happy. I’ll never impose my preferences on anyone else.

I’m just thinking of settings in tabs, database manager in tabs plus and they mentioned a redesign of targets and deployment. I am guessing that goes in tabs too.

Thankfully only the owners of the product can do that!

Yep, I like the concept of tabs, and it will certainly allow more use of screen space, but there must be a way to have more than one tab fully open at a time. Two is probably enough, flexibility to have any number open would be even better.

And if they can really push the boundaries and allow tabs to be ‘undocked’ and then dragged to other screens…

undocked would be spectacular! Nice to use two screens instead of always trying to cram everything on one.

I believe that’s not coming anytime soon. If you have the space it would be a good idea to invest in ultrawide monitors :slight_smile:

Something like this.

1 Like