Appointment system

I am needing to create an appointment system where clients can book appointments online with specific staff members. I can’t see any possible way of doing this with Wappler, so I guess I am looking to see if anyone has integrated any third party solutions for this?

1. First check if you really need to develop it from scratch.
  2. There is a Flight booking example here as showcase (Geocode Plugin). I guess its similar.
  3. Booking is smth, like everything else, which needs to be dead simple for visitors. A lot of booking solutions got some fancy user interface. Check also what REAL requirements you have:
  • Calendar Booking with date and time?
  • Blocked times between bookings?
  • Booking cancellation?
  • Booking notification, Email?
  • Multilang?
  • Calendar view? Appointment Listview?
  • Payments? Refund?
  • Multiuser?
  • Etc…

2 years ago I compared some booking solutions and it can be very very complex later. Choose wisely what you do and invest half a day or more before making a decision.

1 Like

Although my answer is quick without too much thought, why you see this as impossible with Wappler?

1 Like

It would require some sort of calendar component I would think. How would I block of days in 30 minute blocks for example?

I would need it to have the client login and choose a job coach to meet with and show availabale times for that specific staff member.

We use Fullcalendar for this Brad. I won’t say it is easy to work with but if you know a little Javascript and PHP it can do everything you need.

2 Likes

Thanks Dave, I will have a look at it.

Well again as a quick aswerr but maybe the following could work:

1.You set specific 30minutes block in a table (10.00-10.30 10.30-11.00 etc)
1a.Since Each one of these blocks will have an id
2.You will be able assign as a ‘many to many’ relation each day with each time block
3.So when a user tries to book an appointment she/he will be able to choose from all the timeframes that are not in the many to many table that connects days-timeframes-coaches

Again this is a very quick schema but it might help the conversation lead to a solution within Wappler

I remember I had created something similar with PHP a long time ago but unfortunatelly that webisite is not live anymore

1 Like

I found what has to be the easiest solution to this: head to https://www.setmore.com/ and create a free account. Under apps and integrations you’ll find code to copy on to your site. Later set up the square integration for payment processing (or stripe)

This took me about 15 minutes with no additional code and works great! Totally free, syncs with google calendar, and has many more features and integrations.

You can now use the App Connect Event Calendar:

2 Likes

1 Like