Appgyver for Mobile Apps

Very nice idea.

We are watching them closely, specially storybook! Would love to have something like this eventually integrated. Although the we have also other ideas for “state driven components” and their visual design in Wappler. But there are similarities :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As in state machines? Something like robot or xstate? That would be cool and set and simplify the boundaries indeed.

I have a Draftbit invite if you want it. I have no use for it now that I’ve found out I have to pay to use their beta.

Welcome @rukevweb. I’ve seen you in Bubble forums recently.

Yep, I did say I was planning to try out Wappler for one of my mobile apps…however, things seem to take twice the time to do in Wappler than in Bubble. For example this:

It shouldn’t take 50 steps to build something so simple. Also, 7 days is not enough time for me to try out Wappler, and I don’t want to invest in something that I might not use. Maybe Wappler should consider increasing the trial amount or creating a free plan?

2 Likes

It might seem more at the beginning but the fact that you don’t have to worry about responsiveness for example will make things even.

Once you get the hang of how things are wired it will take you even less because you don’t have to spend time in a lot of stupid things Bubble does for you to simplify your life at the beginning of your journey. Things that will eventually come back to bite you big time.

Yes, that’s what I’ve read from many on the forums, but 7 days is not enough for me to try it and see if I like it. I would say at least 14, ideally 30.

2 Likes

I think I can agree with you here. Apparently building a responsive admin page took 15 minutes in Wappler here, it would’ve taken 15 minutes to build, 45+ to make responsive in Bubble. You’d have to add groups for mobile, mess with conditions and that.

I have one now too but thanks for the offer.

Indeed. I have built dozens of apps there and to date absolutely none looks perfect for all viewports. For me it is just not worth the time.

I would suggest subscribing just for a month here and learn at your pace. And remember that one of the reasons why the trial isn’t 15 or 30 days is because you could perfectly build an app in that timeframe. And as you keep the code and can run it anywhere it is kind of unfair IMO.

In Bubble you get a free plan true but as you can’t run it anywhere but in their platform it is not a big deal. In Bubble a free plan is an entry point to upselling. In Wappler a free plan or extended trial would be an entry point to exploiting and disaster :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah…I think I understand. 7 days should be enough to see if I like it. @fdgfdgfdg - I’m building a mobile app too. You said that Wappler wasn’t good enough for your needs? Could you explain that?

I didn’t say that exactly, I said it’s not perfect in it’s current state. App/server connect is great and seems more powerful than draftbit so I’m going to continue here. I like the team, how the project is managed and the direction it’s going. Things missing that I would like is for touch events, animations and some other trivial things, I can work on later when they are inevitably added.

Okay, gotcha now. Could I ask, what is the app you’re building and why did you quit using Bubble?

Sure, I’m building a banking social network using Plaid, Coinbase & Snapchat apis for a native ios app. The user’s feed will consist of transactions that can be filtered by friends, companies or country. There’s also a leader board, allowing users to compete for being the richest with same filters.

I left Bubble for multiple reasons, it was slow, expensive and I didn’t like how often they broke apps. Sometimes they have that reason bal problem so the app wouldnt even load. I didn’t like the whole bug report process, finding Eve especially inept. I didn’t like how the customer support have full read/write access to my app. Thing’s I wanted to do with UI made me use lot’s of custom css to fight bubble’s stooopid layout engine, same with javascript when building plugins. I thought that with all these issues, it’s unacceptable to be locked into their service.

3 Likes

@rukevweb, I agree with you here. The number of features are to huge it would take very long to just wrap our mind around them learn how to use them.

AppGyver is another React and React Native apps for visual composer for “all form factors, including mobile, desktop, browser, and TV.”

I would like to see Wappler provide something along these lines so that when I choose Mobile App for a project template this kind of Developer Interface is loaded.

I like the way Composer Pro from AppGyver shows Flow components that linked to each other
in the DHL app

to construct Action Flows.

& the “Formula Functions” in the Verge app where all the variables in the app are visually accessible to grab data on the fly & TEST output immediately & then wrap it with the most appropriate formatter & VIEW it immediately to test that the output is in the correct data type.

AppGyver demos 4 Commercial Scale Apps

2 Likes

I’ve had a good look at Appgyver and like it a lot. I am likely going to try and build an app with it using the Wappler API scripts for all the database work.

But, if Wappler can improve their mobile app workings, I’m fine with the Flows staying as they already are. Yes, the Appgyver flows look and work well but there’s no need to change the flows in Wappler IMO.

2 Likes

Totally.

1 Like

That’s the beauty of Wappler to me… It is

1. A front end tool.
    and
  2. A back end tool.

Once you have your back end, you can just add another front end onto it with a different technology, like Appgyver.

It’s all a very nice fit!

2 Likes