Appgyver for Mobile Apps

Has anyone used Appgyver to create a mobile app?

It was mentioned in the “Bubble Drama” post on their forum and sounds pretty amazing!

1 Like

I’m trialing it out now, it seems a bit more polished than Wappler’s Framework 7 integration. I’m also trying to get my head around the way their flow process works.

2 Likes

React Native is awesome in that aspect. Time for App Connect Native? :smiley:

Actually I wouldn’t mind at all if at some point they added React and React Native. That way after a huge effort of migrating App Connect to React they would be able to focus 100% their work on the editor, mobile, deployment, testing. While not having to worry so much about the frontend framework.

On the other side App Connect just works so well and it is so stable that it is a shame to do that.

Hopefully they find a smart solution to native at some point. Not at all my priority now because I am not focused on mobile.

3 Likes

Drafbit was also mentioned on the drama post, they are using react too. The UIUX looks great
https://draftbit.com/

I’m waiting for access :tired_face:

I recalled this project.

1 Like

We use Wappler. Awesome powerful API connections, fully responsive, secure, the code is ours… You may have heard of it?

:smiley:

5 Likes

Wicked!

I’ve not yet built a mobile app, but have had a sense from posts here that it is still quite challenging in Wappler.

Be interesting to hear if that is the case or if I have the wrong end of the mobile app stick! :slight_smile:

(“Wrong end of the stick” is an English phrase for I didn’t really understand…)

1 Like

Reactive native is not using webview from my understanding.

The basics are pretty simple its some of the idiosyncrasies that are a little difficult, a little Wappler, a little Android, a little Cordova… You get used to them. But once overcome you can quickly deploy mobile apps using Projects you created previously, importantly, any data used for other Projects can be quickly deployed to your mobile app by simply pointing at the Server Connect Actions you previously created. Design wise you can do what you want with Bootstrap now you can define the paths yourself. Same with FW7 (@mebeingken areana of expertise). The code generated by Wappler passes Google Android Play Store requirements and within a few hours can be available to the public. We have gone from idea to deployment in 24 hours with Wappler. Then used the same code base for desktop and web within a couple more hours with a few tweaks. Resulting in a complete solution across multiple platforms from pretty much a single code base.

Best way to start is to just go for it. Post any questions you have and we’ll do our best to answer them. Just make sure your plugins and Wappler is all up to date before you begin (Gradle, Android Studio, Node etc)…

Right now I don’t think you need another tool. As Jon points out above some Native support would be great. But maybe after all this Node and Docker stuff is complete the Mobile side may get some love?

:slight_smile:

Indeed. Don’t put yourself through another learning curve. And don’t go looking for the next shiny object. There will always be one out there.

I am pretty sure these 3 amazing guys will give mobile a big bump after nodejs is stable.

I would actually bet some money that the theme for 4.0 is going to be (native)mobile.

1 Like

The issue for me is time, it’s not about shiny objects or learning something new since I haven’t learnt much here anyway. Draftbit seems perfect for my project in it’s current state. Wappler is unfortunatly not. Hopefully you’re right and they release some mobile love soon.

I was actually emphasizing Dave’s reply to @Antony as he already poured a lot of time into learning Wappler, coding and not using db stored procedures :stuck_out_tongue:

I do understand your point though. And if you think Draftbit is for you take it for a test ride. If you get accepted into their beta and you are willing to pay their unadvertised subscription(49$/month or 399$/year) that is :slight_smile:

Last year I got accepted into it and they sent me an email saying that I could continue but with a subscription. You can imagine my surprise.

Maybe things have changed since but I didn’t like the way they managed the situation.

1 Like

Actually we created exactly App Connect because of the shortcomings and complex coding of React.

App Connect uses much more the declarative programming technology allowing you to build highly sophisticated dynamic data binding solutions without touching a line of code - just enter data bindings declarative in HTML!

We closely model it to Vue because it already empowered the declarative programming approach but made it even simpeler and more efficient so again you don’t have to code your self nothing.

Reactive frameworks are however evolving fast and new powers are on the horizon like Vue 3 and Svelte which we closely monitor and learn greatly from.

That is why we already started working on App Connect v2 to give you even more power while retaining the same easy usage of App Connect!

We also closely follow React and React Native, but are still convinced our App Connect Declarative programming support is still superior. But we do learn a lot from them, so the future is bright :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Not going to discuss at all that as I do agree with it. Thus:

I should made it more clear that I was referring to the whole ecosystem built around React and of course Vue and Svelte now.

App connect is brilliant but there is zero ecosystem built around it that allows you guys to focus on other parts of the product. You could consider at some point Open Sourcing it but even so it would need a lot of traction, attention and time to get it to a point where you could actually benefit from what others developers add to it.

Anyway this was just some “happy thinking” and not a request :slight_smile: I am happy where Wappler is.

I just think that us as users would benefit long term if you didn’t have to focus on proprietary libraries like AC for you guys to have all the time available to focus on the editor, testing framework, deployment process, documentation, etc.

But again…I am happy with where Wappler and App Connect are :slight_smile:

1 Like

Going to hijack this topic as it’s in the coffee lounge and conversations in a coffee shops(specially in Amsterdam) tend to derail quite quickly.

@george what is your take on components and leveraging tools like bit.dev or storybook to allow Wapplerians to write AC components.

1 Like

Well before the hijacker gets his weapons out and diverts this flight… :rofl:

All this talk of different technologies is totally and utterly over my head. I understand very very little about mobile technologies right now… I just know that at some point in the next year I will want to build a top quality mobile app version of my Wappler based web app with minimal new learning but easy to use and reliable functionality.

Am still rather confused as to whether Wappler really offers “easy to use and reliable functionality” since there are requests here for Wappler to “release some mobile love soon”, and a sense that @mebeingken and @Dave are the few holders of how to do this in real life and have had some challenges in working on mobile apps with Wappler… but I have time to wait and find the answers and new Wappler features to come along.

Any other big picture perspectives on all of this, which don’t randomly throw in the names technologies I don’t understand without explaining their significance would be very welcome! :slight_smile:

And actually, @JonL, maybe you could take your hi-jacking over to another thread unless it relates to this one and can be explained in simple terminology that us mere mortals understand!

120% related not! J/k
It is slightly related as you could leverage components created for AC by the community for you mobile app.

Very nice idea.

We are watching them closely, specially storybook! Would love to have something like this eventually integrated. Although the we have also other ideas for “state driven components” and their visual design in Wappler. But there are similarities :slight_smile:

3 Likes