Allow Myself To Introduce.... Myself

Howdy, All.

After researching the low-code/no-code scene for a while, I’ve recently decided to anchor my ship to Wappler. Signed up for the trial yesterday and I’m eager to begin smashing my head into the wall until I have something that vaguely resembles a functioning web app.

Quick run-down on my level of expertise… The closest thing to “code” I’ve gotten into was simple HTML websites back in 00’s. Since then, I have been mostly involved in Graphics/Design/CGI such as 3d renders, animation, VR, graphic design, etc. About six years ago, during my time as a department manager for a company, I oversaw the production of several web apps, but I was not directly involved in the coding myself. I currently own and operate a local construction business and after many failed attempts at hiring someone to make me a simple website, I ended up doing it myself using Wordpress with Elementor. Simple stuff for a website that is not complex at all… The most complex thing is probably the contact forms being handled by the Ninja Forms plugin.

I now find myself with an insufferable itch to finally do something with one of the many domains I own and park. I am not as young as I used to be when I taught myself Autodesk 3ds Max, SolidWorks, V-Ray, Adobe Creative Suite, etc., but I am optimistic that I will get over the discomfort level and get the hang of Wappler within a reasonable time span.

I very much look forward to getting started properly and I hope I won’t try anybody’s patience on this Community.

P.S. Anybody know why the “Wappler Getting Started Course” link is broken, and if there is an alternative URL?

6 Likes

Welcome to Wappler!

The best place to get started is the YouTube videos I believe.

Remember, you are not alone on your journey. Ask lots of questions. :beers:

2 Likes

I pulled that course down as it was very out of date. The wappler youtube channel is a good place to start now.

1 Like

New free course here on wappler 5

6 Likes

Thank you, I intend to ask and ask… Probably not in this Coffee Lounge section, though. I don’t wanna start by annoying the mods!

Oh, I see. Thank you, I’ll search the Wappler YT Channel.

This sounds perfect and exactly what I’ll need to get my feet wet. Many thanks!

Welcome! You’ve made a great decision. Wappler is an awesome tool and you’ll find lots of help here on the forums. Good luck!

2 Likes

Many thanks, Heather!

I can highly recommend @Hyperbytes video series. I can near guarantee you that after following along with the videos, you will gain enough of an understanding of how things comes together in Wappler to set you off exploring on your own.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice; I will check out this video series.