Adding node.js to an existing wappler project using docker and digital ocean

Not sure if this is an obvious question but I would like to add node.js to an existing project. I have an e-commerce site that I have been working on and it utilizes stripe (the client-side checkout functionality that stipe created for dummies) It works pretty well as long as you only want to purchase one type of item during a session. I am also working on adding the more complex server-side system with a shopping cart that @Teodor made (thank you very much) but that is for later. My main reason for wanting to add node.js is because I would like to add webhooks and it requires a listening feature so it can notify of activity in a secure way. The success page that stripe responds to is not secure and could be hacked to fake a purchase.

Tthank you in advance!

There has been mention by @George of a possible converter to convert current sites to Node.js but I don’t think that is done yet or if that is still on the table.

thank you, I would think that it would be possible to add the functionality to a current site, but I am a designer and learning the development side of all this.

Webhooks are relatively easy. Check out this tutorial towards the end

I don’t think there will be a way to convert a php/asp(.net) project to node, but it would be possible to maybe export/import server connect actions from one project to an other.

1 Like

How would such an export/import be done? By copying the file from one (php/asp) project to another (NodeJS)?

Just the JSON structure.

You can open the SC file copy the json structure enclosed within the php/asp tags and paste it in a .json file. That would be your new nodejs SC file.

Then you would probably need to make some fine tuning.

1 Like

Thanks @JonL, I will go and try this!

1 Like