Adding new features to Wappler

While this is cool and all, I fail to see how a hover state on cards is more useful to more Wappler users than a good Commerce setup. :thinking: :unamused:

2 Likes

Hi Brad, CSS ransition were missing from the design panel and there have been requests to add them and that’s an improvement to the design panel :slight_smile:
I know that everyone has his own specific request which is really really important for him, but these are totally different requests.

All of you guys need to be able to build layouts and add interactivity to them, while it’s not all the people need an e-commerce module. I am not saying it’s not coming, but it’s a different thing.

3 Likes

I agree, things like the promised built-in Stripe/payment component or introduction of repeat content in emails, editable grids or pdf generation.

I used to get excited for the Thursday update, but haven’t in such a long time.
For those of us who are not coming from bubble and have our own windows server environments this is just nice, but not a compelling feature.

3 Likes

Enhancing the Design Panel doesn’t mean these features are not coming. And also they require more development time and planning.

1 Like

I guess I was just spoiled in the early days of Wappler when every week there was something exciting. Going six months or so (probably flows was the last thing) with nothing new I can use has been a bit of a let down.

Just my personal frustration setting in. I still love you guys. :wink: :beers:

4 Likes

On my side, this is a huge update. It was the one of the missing pieces for a great design editor.
Thanks ! And keep up the good work

4 Likes

I am very happy where things are going.
Wappler team is on top of a lot of things and are doing an extraordinary job reading the future. Wappler is moving from just a web builder to something bigger and that is a wise move.

4 Likes

For me this is very important. As a designer, I don’t want to have any limitations in terms of design, layout and interactions. Keep up the good work guys.

Let me know if you need help on the new great features. As a Webflow experience user, I can tell you they have very advanced features in term of design and interactions.

In today’s world. websites without interactions and great animations are not standing out, That’s why there are awards for that type of websites, e.g., www.awwwards.com

1 Like

BTW, those in need of a full ecommerce solution should check saleor.io.

It is an Open Source headless commerce solution with stripe and braintree support.
You can manage all your commerce backend needs in saleor and use Wappler as a storefront reading from their API. And of course it can be installed with Docker.

Only caveat is Saleor uses GraphQL.

But yeah. Probably instead of asking for an e-commerce solution built into Wappler it would be better if you guys rally for GraphQL. Because I honestly hope they do not have to build a commerce solution only because they promised it in the past :slight_smile: Roadmaps and visions change with technology progress.

From my point of view it makes more sense investing in things like docker, graphql, traefik and new technologies than going back 10 years in time and building an e-commerce module from the ground up.

3 Likes

How is that going back ten years? eComm is used more than ever now.

Indeed. I refer exclusively to building an e-commerce module. There are great solutions out there for e-commerce(paid, free, propietary, open source, etc) and building one looks like wasted resources to me.

You have docker, you have traeffik to route and you have ssl. Now you only need something like saleor and graphql and you can build whatever secured e-commerce solution you need :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Assuming you have a coding degree. Wappler has moved way off course in it’s ‘no code’ path. It is becoming less and less user friendly unless you have a coding or IT degree.

1 Like

+1 for graphql

4 Likes

That is misleading since today. You need absolutely no-code to deploy an application with custom domain and ssl via docker.

1 Like

You can already build a complete e-commerce website with Wappler. You just need to use the various parts together to make the end result. The UKPaint website (see the latest showcase) is an example of that. I didn’t use any software for the entire development other than Wappler. They introduced Local Storage which opened up the whole cart-build functionality. Yes, I had to integrate Stripe myself but I did it with Wappler server connect APIs and it works perfectly.

I would love to see features like a cart builder so you can do most of the work in a few clicks and then tweak as needed, and I’d really love to see PayPal and Stripe integration to make that part easier, too, but the lack of those isn’t stopping me from building a complete e-commerce website.

5 Likes

Yes, you have to be an IT technician to use and understand Docker and it’s deployment especially when databases are included. Don’t get me wrong, Docker, Node.js and AWS are probably great tools for those experienced coders and technicians. I agree it is a great thing to have in Wappler even though the majority of targeted users will never use them.

Just saying that Wappler is losing sight of it’s core user market.

Yes, I know you can if you are an experienced coder who has worked with API’s and done several carts by hand before. The eCommerce I need to set up is very basic yet there is no way I can do it in Wappler.

I find it easier to select my PHP version from the dropdown and database type and click deploy than dealing with php.ini and .htaccess rules on an Apache server :slight_smile:

Just saying :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you know what tool didn’t evolve and focused on their core user market?

Dreamweaver. Requiescat in pace

I am pretty sure you weren’t born knowing SFTP, CSS an HTML. There is always a learning curve to new tech. But evolving is always a good thing don’t you think? It is good that Wappler is losing sight of the past and focusing in the future. They need to build a future-proof business. They need to think about those young guys that call us boomers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, setting up a Docker site locally was fairly easy. I did manage to get that far. But with limited options for affordable hosting it makes Docker and Node.js just not practical for most users. Just go by all the support questions on this forum with people having issues with Docker, Node.js and AWS. And these are from experienced coders and developers. The average user has no hope of ever using those.

3 Likes