Actions Editor Not Remembering State

Update: Upgrading to Wappler V6.0.1 didn’t fix this.

We investigated the issue but didn’t find any problems with it.

Maybe try resizing the actions picker window - that state is saved and theorist is proportionately calculated.

See this video for how it behaves during resizing. I spend a lot of time on that part of the screen, with hundreds of Selected Actions - its not a big deal but it’s annoying having to do this every time I use that area.

The size and position of the Actions Editor are not being retained. This is after a full reinstall.

Hmm does this happen only on editing of existing multiple actions? Does it happen on multiple pages?

Is it ok with new actions or existing single actions?

It happens on all pages:

• Existing multiple actions
  • New multiple actions
  • Existing single actions
  • New single actions

The state is not being retained, I don’t know how these panels are controlled but just for example, if it was cookie related it feels like a cookie isn’t being set with the panel state position/size.

Seems to me like something is corrupted on your side, try a clean install see:

I can confirm after a full, clean install the same is happening as the above. I can also confirm it’s happening on all projects, not just a single project. This looks like a bug.

This is still happening, its getting annoying now as I have to update this every time I use this section. This is despite a clean install to 6.0.2

This is still happening in 6.0.4. Is anyone else out there having the same issues?

Unfortunately we were never been able to reproduce this or a similar issue on mac or windows.

I’m running a fairly standard set up so find it difficult to believe I’m the only one having this issue. My Actions Editor is almost impossible to use in this current state so I have no other option than to downgrade back to 5.8.3, I had no problems at all with 5.8.3, it was very stable so whatever is causing this is V6 related.

Update: I’m running a multi monitor (x4) set up, with Wappler being run on a dedicated 28" screen

Well it is just that we can’t reproduce it. Tried all kind of setups and settings.

Maybe some tips to improve this:

• make sure the action window is large enough in size then close it, next time it will open with the same size.
  • update OS to latest, specially video drivers

I think this is part of the problem, the windows are not remembering their state. I mentioned above that the Actions Editor is not remembering its size or state, this is the same with the DB manager too and all other windows - when a panel opens, it opens in a smaller window. When I resize it, close it then reopen, the window does not remember its state.

All updated to the latest version, I’m running an Nvida Geoforce GTX with the latest drivers.

well there are different types of state. We have the window size and then there is also the panel division inside.

For the Actions picker we remember just the window size, not the panel size within - as it is proportionally reset each time.

It it’s not doing that in V6, as shown in my videos above. It did remember its state in V5 but now doesn’t so there is an issue that has been introduced in V6 that’s causing this.

Is your issue probably same as explained here?

i.e. is Wappler running not on the main monitor, but on another?

Yes, my issue is exactly the same. I’m running a high end laptop with an 18" monitor, x2 other 18" monitors and Wappler runs on a dedicated 28" monitor - 4 monitors total.

I did additional testing and the issue happens on all 3 external monitors but not the laptop main monitor.

Ok, at least now we know when exactly this happens.

1 Like

This is not fixed - problem persists in 6.1.0

1 Like