Access 'DB Views' in query builder and NodeJS

Hey,

Anyone know if this is intended or going to be fixed?

I’m pretty sure in my last project which was in PHP, using MySQL and connecting to remote DB (not using the DB manager) that you could create DB views and access them in the query builder the same as any table.

I’m now using a NodeJS project, PostgresSQL and a DB inside a docker container.

I can no longer see the DB view i have created (i had to create in Navicat as you can’t do it in Wappler).

Anyone know if this is something that will change or is there are workaround?

Is it related to Node? docker? Postgres?

Thoughts appreciated :slight_smile:

Db views aren’t yet supported by the database manager, so won’t work in NodeJS yet.

It is on our todo list

OK no worries.

I thought that might be the case, but wasn’t sure.

Thanks George!

Was wondering if there is any news on this, b̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶m̶e̶n̶t̶.̶ seems that i can continue by referencing the view via editing the JSON to point to the view.

Thanks in advance!

@George Any update on this? This is causing an issue with our current project. Is there a plan to add views support to NodeJS with/without Database Manager?

bumping this request.

@George / @patrick any plans for adding views to NodeJS? With 3.6.0+ I assumed the DB connections etc would be universal across server models. But its still not working.

I‘m working with NodeJS and MS SQL and I see views. What db are you working with?

MySQL and NodeJS. There is not views section in DB manager. And when I open query builder in SA, it does not list views, only tables.

Did you try to reload the db in db manager?

I see views in MS SQL and MySQL in Query Builder.

views are shown as tables in db manager

I think this might have been a PostgreSQL thing if I recall.

I cannot see views in NodeJS in table list as well. I refreshed the database manager, still cannot see.

Did you try to resave the db connection?

Yes i did resaved db connnection, but still didnt shown.

That is really strange, I‘m working a lot with views in MS SQL and MySQL and don‘t have any problems in Wappler with NodeJS.

We are not seeing any of our views though. And as per @George’s last comment 6 months ago, its not supported.
Is there any sort of changes you would have done to recognize views as table on DB level?

I don’t see Views either. I have given up on NodeJS for now, which is really frustrating as all the development and new features is for it, but simple things like seeing views still are unsupported.

I could recreate your problem on a new project. I will check the difference on older projects.

1 Like