3.6.0 Real Time Data Updates - With PHP?

Wow…

am I dreaming…

Does this work with PHP?

Nope … Node.js only.

1 Like

Realtime data options are only available for Node.js

Okay, I was dreaming… thank you for the clarity!

1 Like

Question… is it possible to work with PHP? Or is it only functional under Node.js?

It’s only Node.js … not possible with PHP.

Thanks.

I may have to move to another hosting account. Our current host says our server setup will not allow Node.js to be uploaded.

That’s why I have to stick with PHP as well. That and Node.js doesn’t work on MAMP Pro for local development. Yes, I know there is Docker but I find Docker very frustrating to use.

1 Like

I don’t have enough time to write a post of my impressions after testing nodejs development instead of PHP. But it’s really more advanced technology in everything. And in particular in terms of local development. With nodejs, you have the simplest approach to local development using Wappler. You literally don’t need anything other than Wappler to get started with a nodejs project. Create a local project with an sqlite database and start working. No additional software is required.

2 Likes

True, Node.js doesn’t require anything like docker or mamp to use locally :slight_smile: there is a built in server in Wappler which does everything automatically for you.

Interesting to hear your feedback @Mr.Rubi!

I’d love just to move to node, but I have about 200 server actions in my app, and about 10 which contain over 200 steps, so to make the change and test it all would be a massive project right now.

Out of interest, is there anything you found that Wappler’s nodejs cannot do which Wappler’s PHP can?

And is the main benefit our clients see with a nodejs project the live update of data?

6 posts were split to a new topic: Using SQLite

With elephant.io it seems possible to listen to real-time servers with PHP.

1 Like

That looks interesting.

Yes I did quick google with keywords “websocket php” and found some interesting discussions and websites on websocket with php. I don’t think it’s completely impossible to implement websocket with php but perhaps available libraries ain’t mainstream as socket.io . I hope Wappler team explore possibilities to implement it with php.

2 Likes

@transcoderm - @sitestreet - @s.alpaslan

mm maybe we can put in a feature request to support PHP in some way…

mmm this s what i could come across…

http://socketo.me/

YES! im still using PHP because of my dedicated server… and that the site was build before node.js was stable and socket in wappler… so i will have to redo everything… and get a new server… if i want to go the nodje.js way… but im to far down the rabbit hole with php… and point of no return…

Yep, well worth putting in the request. I’d vote for it.

I would vote for it too.

And me!

Ok GUYS… lets see if you can generate a view Votes please

https://community.wappler.io/t/real-time-data-updates-with-php/34379