Your weekly dose of Bubble drama

Wappler is mentioned quite a few times.

I remember the last drama episode here was about some guy not being able to choose Netweaver and ABAP as server model.

7 Likes

BTW, they reviewed Wappler.

3 Likes

Alexander forgot to mention the pain felt by those 1000+ plugin developers when Bubble decides to change core functionality during an update which breaks part of their plugin :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Bubble is actually a bubble as in a financial bubble. They couldn’t have picked a better name.

The only people making money from the platform are Bubble and templates/plugin/coaching providers.

By the time users realize that the platform is not scalable they have poured thousands of dollars in the pockets of the makers and the group of sectarian leeches that are only interested in keeping the ball rolling.

Bubble guys have some ethics after all although they have often made questionable choices. On the other side I have seen some really disgusting 3rd parties bluntly lie about what Bubble is and can do just to sell their services/product built around Bubble.

4 Likes

Nice to see they reviewed Wappler :slight_smile:

Shame they missed all the version 3 features and marked those as “missing”

Like the visual database management and easy hosting and deploy with docker.

Deploying server to AWS is now just a few clicks so didn’t really got the Wappler being too technical :slight_smile:

Here are the v3 features for those who missed them https://wappler.io/features/v3

5 Likes

I was thinking exactly the same thing. My guess is they deliberately reviewed v2.x to avoid admitting Wappler has much more features.

They reviewed it before all of these features were available. See the article date.

Good spot. I wonder if they could be nudged to update the review? I doubt they would as it’s very much against their interests.

No, probably not.

They don’t even update THEIR OWN features on the blog (for example, the file upload limit has increased, but the old one is still on the blog).

1 Like

Wow, I just flicked through the 114 posts on that thread… it contains some deeply passionate outbursts, and shows even deeper fears and division within the Bubble community than when I left there 9 months ago.

Fascinating to see that the constant comparison is between Bubble and Wappler!

Am very happy to be on this side of the divide.

That thread also explains why so many Bubblers are posting on here this week.

Welcome Bubblers who are here for the first time! :slight_smile:

I am pleased to tell you that Wappler can do everything that Bubble can and much more… at lightning speed and without being tied to a single platform. It is true that Wappler is a bit more technical, but believe me, the investment is very well worth it if you are serious about being an independent app entrepreneur!

8 Likes

Couldn’t agree more @Antony. Bubble becomes so simple that switching feels difficult but at the same time very empowering once you get past that first 1-2 weeks of solid learning.

1 Like

New drama that I noticed from emails

Look at the new database records limitations :joy:

5 Likes

It’s brutal. I have an LMS app that I built with Bubble that’s been up and running for years. Hundreds of thousands of records in the DB.

Been toying with the idea of rebuilding it in Wappler for a while now, but I never pulled the trigger because of the learning curve, self hosting, etc.

I guess Bubble just made the decision for me though. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I hope more people will now understand self hosting is much better than limited proprietary vendor lock-in type of hosting, where they can limit you any time they like :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It’s now becoming an annual tradition.

2 Likes

Someone accused the founder for my vote :joy:

6 Likes

Always stirring the pot.

1 Like

What are ‘database things’… literally just tables and records?? If so that’s a shocking limit across all plans

As of 30mins ago they’ve already paused on the price change due to the community reaction.

Wow!!! How many business being destroyed? Gzus!

i think im gonna start to learn wappler, vendor locking and a sudden price increase that could destory many apps is simply unacceptable.

bubble only strength is the seamless frontend and backend intergration, but they try to increase the cost massively and changing the deal suddenly for the backend which makes bubble a shitty frontend dev tool that many alternatives are way better than bubble.

So i think there will be more people looking for other low/no code alternatives and stay away from bubble.