Your interests outside of Wappler?

It was one km here during the worst! You are five times luckier than us :joy:

Wow that is bad. Hope it changes soon. Hang in there.

Here everything opens up gradually. So we can even go to pubs till 12 pm :slight_smile: finally some social life!

They expect that till December 90% will be vaccinated and all corona regulations will be lifted.

2 Likes

Hi Ben

I have been watching in horror! I do not recognise Australia anymore! We have been lucky down in Tasmania and life has been normal all the way through Covid (we have had no covid in the community) - just can’t leave the island. It will change once we get to 80% vaccinated but I hope the people get Australia back!

But there are worse places to wait it out!

2 Likes

We have regional variations on restrictions here, gets very confusing indeed. Not as locked down as you poor residents of other countries though, so feel kind of lucky to be where we are. Saying that the ‘local’ cafes turn a blind eye to most restrictions, very old fashioned ways here. Barely anyone from outside of the area frequents them, and very few residents ever go outside of their local area (many old folk here, average age is probably around the 65 - 75 range). But still the Police take every opportunity to fine people for mistaking the rules. Ironic that the nice man who delivers our gas is also a serving officer of the GNR in Lisbon and have never seen him wearing a mask. I asked about the rules and he said their Commander informs them to watch the nightly news for updates, and if they don’t know what to do fine everybody. Didn’t really know how to react so laughed nervously… It’s a total mess.

1 Like

I play music on the weekends. Or mostly on weekends. Weekend before last I played lead guitar for the 80’s legend Tommy Tutone, you might remember his hit Jenny 867-5309.

And this past weekend my band opened up for Jackyl. Which you might remember from their Lumber jack song.

I also host a terrestrial radio show called the Homegrown Show on 93.5 FM. I interview Missouri based bands. That can be streamed at www.935rocksthelake.com. It airs at 11am CST. Although I’ve heard some EU companies can’t access the stream unless they are connecting through VPN.

5 Likes