You have to specify a remote target in project options and specify it first!

I have a direct database connection to an AWS RDS server that I used to create several server actions with queries. As of yesterday, when I try to edit or create a new query I get the following error:

You have to specify a remote target in project options and specify it first!

The queries that I created previously still work. When I looked at my connection it got switched to server instead of direct but I switched it back and am still getting the same problem.

I am using Node js backend and am on Mac OS. Please let me know if there is anymore info I can provide!

Hello, in the database manager the direct connection is used only for accessing your database from the database manager and check/edit it.
In order to use a database connection in a database query in server connect you need to create a server connect connection!

Also, you need to specify a target with a server running on it for your project in order to be able to create queries and run your server actions.

Thanks for the reply! Is this new? I was creating queries with it for a couple weeks.

Also, is there any Wappler tutorials on creating a server connect connection? I’m not exactly sure what this is.

Section 4 in this great tutorial should get you pointed in the right direction if you haven’t seen it yet.

1 Like

Thanks, is there any tutorial for linking an AWS RDS database? Again, I am surprised because it was working for a couple weeks - any ideas on this?