Working with .pdfs

Hello all,

I am curious if anybody knows a way to count the pages in a .pdf that a user uploads and store the page count in the db.

I need this functionality in my app, but haven’t started building that part out yet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone can point me to some resources regarding anything to with Wappler and .pdfs in general, I would be very thrilled to see :slight_smile:

How are you going to deal with the pdfs? Ie upload etc? Are you going to do a third party route? I use docspring.com on several sites. You can also use the S3 options for uploading. You should be able to pull a page total from the Schema, but not sure exactly. If you are just uploading a pdf similiar to a file upload, I"m not sure you can get a page count?

1 Like

Hi @baub,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.

I was planning on just doing it with the base upload. Maybe S3 if needed.

The plan is, to have the user upload a .pdf (usually 5-100 pages). Sometimes they will upload multiple ones. Then:

• app automatically combines uploaded .pdfs into one single .pdf (if user uploaded multiple)
  • app takes a page count and stores the count in db
  • app adds a cover sheet to the pdf

Im totally new to Wappler so I thought id start asking around prior to building this part of my app out. Just sort of gathering ideas and resources on the subject.

You can combine pdfs at docspring.com. I’m not sure if you can do that with the basic upload component. I’d check out a couple of external PDF APIs and use the wappler API connector to do the work.

1 Like

I figured I’d pry have to use a third party for this. Was hoping to get around it haha. Thank you for your advice on this.

If you use nodejs project types there’s a lot of third-party nodejs packages that you can use to achieve your goals Through extensions
Some examples

2 Likes

I am using Nodejs! Thank you so much!

2 Likes