Windows Server/Framework7/node.js/Microsoft SQL

I’ve been tasked with building a web app to access a clients existing data on a Microsoft sql server.

The webserver is a windows 2016 server. Looks like you can install node.js on a windows server? This would be the first node.js site I’ve built. So just having some questions prior to setup. Am I able to setup node.js on windows server and still be able to attach to the Microsoft SQL data? There are probably cloud services for node.js setup that would be easier, but owner will want data to stay in house.

I wanted to try framework7 on a web based app? Is that advisable? Or should I stick with bootstrap?

Thanks for any guidance…
Baub

I build projects in NodeJS, using MSSQL (hosted on Windows 2019 with SQL 2019) as backend database technology.

Yes, NodeJS can be installed on Windows Server 2016. You will also need to install another package - PM2 Process Manage - to manage NodeJS on the Windows Server as NodeJS services shut down when there are no active connections.

Yes, as database connection is defined in the Wappler project; this setup is independent of the framework and server technologies.

I use Vultr and Linode Linux instances to host NodeJS applications. I will highly recommend using cloud based services with projects deployed as Docker instances - these cloud services are fast, reliable and scalable.

I tested a NodeJS project on a Windows Server sometime ago. It was running well except that the Windows NodeJS services kept shutting down randomly or after every server reboot. This can be managed with PM2 but I don’t have the technical know-how to configure NodeJS and PM2 to manage the whole setup. If you are familiar with PM2 or have some technical assistance available to you, then NodeJS applications can be configured to run well on a Windows Server.

I haven’t used Framework7 in any project. So, I cannot say which one will be a better choice.

Thanks for your detailed reply!