Why Do I Keep Getting "No App Root Found" Message Come Back?

Wappler 2.8.3, Windows 10

I keep getting the “No App Root Found” message… then I appear to fix it, then a few hours later, without doing anything anywhere near the root, it comes back…

Is there anything obvious from this image that may show where the issue is? I do have an action on page load… could this be causing it?

Thanks,
Antony.

What do you do to fix it?

The APP root is the element with the is="dmx-app" on it. Was this maybe somehow removed? On your screenshot it seems that it is still on the body element, so I see nothing wrong there. Do you get the error also in the browser or is it in Wappler design view only?

Well…

To fix it I fiddled around until the error message went away. Can’t remember all the steps that entailed now… But changing app root to page-body-page a few times and closing Wappler was part of it.

The message is only in Wappler, and not in Chrome.

Am happy to fiddle some more if that helps or send the design.

The app works okay.

Is the presence of the message a problem for my app?

HI @Antony I Just started to get this message on creating a new project in beta 3. did you find you what this was?

Cheers!

No! I still keep getting it too… :frowning:

Where are you getting this error? When? What do you have on the page exactly?
Some screenshots will help.

For me this problem has been there before the beta and has been there a long time. It happens to me about 1-5 times a week. I don’t know the trigger and it sometimes self corrects? I usually close the editor window for the offending page and open it again.

3 Likes

Hi @Audioboy Do this test and you might find when at least it is showing.

Next time you see it take a look at the “toggle app connect mode” and “design view mode” you will probably find that “toggle app connect mode” is off. Turn it on and it goes away. I haven’t bothered reporting this as a bug because I will likley end up in an argument how this is not a feature :rofl:

So I putting this here just in case anyone else in the community gets frustrated with this. I suspect what it is trying to do is let you know that the App connect mode is off, but gets lost in translation.

When it shows

app connect off

When it doesn’t

app connect mode

6 Likes

Thanks StevenM. I will pay attention to this next time and see if this is the source of my issue.

1 Like