Why are Hackers so eager to harm people

So as you all know I share many screenshots as well as youtube videos where sometimes sensitive information may be missed while trying to show tutorials, so today I get a notification that IP address 199.68.191.106 has gone to my fake server examplewebsite.com and changed the primary email address on the account to oussamahackerr62@gmail.com
Of course I have to suspend the account and block his IP address which seems to come from the US with the service provider Fogo Data Centers.

This is just a warning that this person is out there, and to be very careful what information you share so you don’t land up with the same issue.

3 Likes

After a quick Google of that address I don’t think this is anything to do with Wappler.

https://www.google.pt/search?q=oussamahackerr62&filter=0&biw=1920&bih=1007

And to be honest such a blatant change shows very poor skill indeed. Still not good to leave any sensitive data in those videos Paul. Personally I check everything half a dozen times and even blur out the totally unnecessary.

We see hundreds of attempts a day over our infrastructure. A high majority of that is automated not personal. When we do observe reasonably skilled individuals we like to stand back and monitor their activity. When it gets serious we have a response team who clean up the mess, and on occasion interact with the individual. As I said whoever played around on your side really doesn’t come across as a ‘hacker’, a term so misrepresented these days. More likely a script-kiddie (or skiddie).

1 Like

You should always watch out when you post here or somewhere else on the internet. Never post sensitive information such as IP addresses, usernames and password in the forum, also hide them in screenshots you post. If you need to share sensitive information with us or other users here in the forum then use the private message system, they are not public visible and only the user you send it to can read it.

1 Like

You own examplewebsite.com? Must be great for SEO and backlinks :wink:

Lol, i wish i owned that, just a fake domain on my whm server. haha