When using an ALIAS to join two tables, query is not saved and has issues displaying the ALIAS values

I tried to fix this by creating VIEWS.
Data is accessible now but the issue now is that, if I use ALIAS for the table rows, the query can not be edited. Clicking the ‘Query Options’ button does nothing. Thank you!

PS. Just for testing, I created a very simple query and created an ALIAS for the table row and the same issue occurs.

Sorry for multiple posting but is there any workaround on this? It actually doesnt work and it is very important to be able use ALIAS. Does anybody else has this issue? Is it possible that I am doing something wrong? Thank you!

This is what it saves when using ALIAS on table rows
<?php
require(’…/…/…/…/dmxConnectLib/dmxConnect.php’);
$app = new \lib\App();
$app->define(<<<‘JSON’
{
“name”: “”,
“module”: “auth”,
“action”: “restrict”,
“options”: {
“provider”: “security”
}
}
JSON
);
?>

Sorry Niko but i am not sure i understand what exactly are you doing.
Can you try to explain this a bit more clear?
You just join two tables and set aliases for them, correct?
What is wrong after that?

Hello Teo,
even if you try to create a single table query and add an ALIAS name to the table row it wont work. At least to me it causes issues. Try to create a simple query and add an ALIAS name to the table row. Click ok. The try to edit the query. You ll notice that it is not possible. Hope I helped. If not just le me know. Thank you!

You add an alias for a database column in the query builder like that:

If that’s so - i did the same. Then edited them, also ran the server action in the browser - no issues.

I will check it out. I am doing exactly the same thinkg :frowning: I am using the latest stable version 4.9.1
Thank you Teo!
Will let you know.

What database are you using?
What server model?

Please restart wappler in debug mode and recreate the issue, attach the debug log here.

LAMP, since it is working for you I will try to check what it going on with my system here. Will let you know. Thanks!!

Well please do so then:

I get no error!! It just doenst work… I will unistall Wappler and reinstall.
Thank you!!

No Niko, i am not asking you if you get an error.
I just need you to restart Wappler in debug mode, do the same thing you reported and send us the debug log …

This is what I get…

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.19044
  • Wappler Version : 4.9.1

Problem description

Steps to reproduce

Please attach the debug log to this topic.

Teo thank you very much. I will reinstall. This is so incredible weird!!! If I use an ALIAS the query just doesnt work nor I can edit it. Don’t want to be wasting your time. When I have something I will let you know. Thank you!!

Niko, once again - we need the DEBUG LOG to see why is it not working!
Just follow the article i provided and simply attach the debug log to this topic after you recreate the issue in debug mode!

report1654524862844.zip (86.1 KB)

sorry for the delay had to afk for a bit

Hello,
this isssue still exists. When adding an ALIAS to a column, query becomes non editable.

Thank you!

Feels like you should go down the custom query route instead of the Wappler query builder. We tend to use custom queries in place of standard queries for anything but the simplest requirements. You can build, test and see query plans in any good SQL environment before deployment.

1 Like