What some Developers Get Away With!

An Executive Creative Designer for a Hamburg, Germany company just showed me in the past couple of hours the website where they want to install an events registration app with an Admin panel so that they can get reports on daily Registrations.

They’ve spent months & months & thusands of Euros discussing, discussing what elements they wantd to include in the latest upgraded style now published online. Three days ago they contacted me with an emergency job to go up in 2 days – Being New Year’s they couldn’t contact the design team that put up their website in 2021.

I shock her as we discover together that her website team never actually created web form contact pages themselves.

She had been pleased with the “clean sleek look” Webform her designers had charged her for. But they simply wrote some mailto links which just popped up the MAIL Compose & Send default preference on her Mac desktop. She was horrified to learn that other users would have seen their Gmail or Yahoo accounts, or another installed Windows email program if not using MAIL. I showed her my MacPro laptop didn’t do anything but pop up a Choose Program message to send the email because I didn’t set up a preference for such web links.

Then she pointed out the UNIQUE font their website uses for distinctive H1 & H2 headers and paragraphs. She wants my webform to use the same. But this website front page seems to be rendered with a sans-serif Arial web standard.

I point out that their distinctive font is no longer available at Google as an open loadable source. I don’t know when Google stopped serving up the font her company liked a year ago.

Which is why i don’t usually use a CDN font distribution when a client is real picky that their font styling must never change.

I don’t want to start off 2022 with a rush job. But I’ve been in Wappler for hours.

2 Likes