What is Your Complete Set of Meta Tags? 🤔

Hey Wappler Gang… am just researching meta tags for my web site to appear with all the right info on all the right search and social media platforms… would love to hear which ones you use!

See SEO modules of my new course which covers the important ones

2 Likes

See

4 Likes

Is there any way to do similar but not using NodeJS…? I use .NET and as far as I can see this wont work on my current set up.

If you set your app root to ‘page’ instead of ‘body’, then you can use dynamic info in the seo stuff, just have to do it manually, like

<title>{{dynamicContent}}</title>
1 Like

With .NET it is not that simple since you don’t have the server-side templates. You can use server-side code in your page, but you don’t have access to the data from server-connect.

Setting the app root to page will allow you to dynamically fill the meta and title with App Connect. Problem with that is that not all crawlers execute JavaScript and will be able to see the dynamic data. It works for google search bot, but facebook will not be able to read your dynamic metadata.

2 Likes

Thanks for that @patrick thats a big deal for me, this looks like a fundamental weakness in Wapper overall. SEO is key to everything we do, and so too is social media. I’d previously easily set up the meta tags in DW using dynamic data (all of our pages are dynamic) and the SEO was excellent - it looks like I’m going to have to try and find a compromise somewhere - does anyone in the Wappler dev team know if there’s likely to be any work on this in the near future…?