What are visually correct steps to create this data-binding statement?

output_1.data.query_1.where('user_id', detail_output_1.data.user_status_by_id, '==').values('user_name')

I used to able to select Where statement then Values graphically but just realised I couldn’t do it anymore now.

Annotation 2020-07-14 172820

This statement results user name where user_id equals user_status_by_id

I use the following…

output_1.data.query_1.where('user_id', detail_output_1.data.user_status_by_id, '==').user_name

or…

output_1.data.query_1.where('user_id', detail_output_1.data.user_status_by_id, '==')[0].user_name

can it be done visually?

Hey there @transcoderm… that is a great question. The Wappler team may have a specific answer for you.

There are previous posts where we have debated the abilities of the graphical interface to create more complex formats and expressions, and there is a sense that there will be an “Expression Builder” type of interface coming some time in the future. Note the current window is called “Data Formats” and is therefore a formatting window rather than an expression builder. I know what you ask for is relatively simple, but things can often be much more complex as I am sure you have experienced.

For now, I have just learned the syntax and I type all these things in code, using the graphical tools to build some things that I can’t remember the syntax for.

Best wishes,
Antony.