Webinars for Wappler

If people are interested I am thinking of doing something different on the training front.

As most of you know I have been making “How To” videos for some time to assist in the understanding of Wappler.

My proposal is to take this to another level and start a weekly live webinar

A specific topic will be picked and I will go through the development/ use the components required to make the application.

This will be live streamed via Twitch and hopefully simultaneously streamed to YouTube.

Those joining via Twitch will be able to chat to me when streaming the lesson and will be able to ask questions, seek clarification or even make suggestions

I anticipate these sessions taking perhaps 45 minutes (subject to the number of questions I guess) and I am hopeful the level of interaction offered by this medium will help others gain a good grasp of Wappler principals.

Obviously this will be useful (i hope) to those new to Wappler but i would love to see some of the more experienced members join me to make suggestions on how to improve my approach if appropriate.

If take up is good i will try to make this at least a weekly event.

Now I appreciate there are some time zone issues which I need to take into consideration but for the moment I will simply be asking some questions about general timing based on Europe

I am on GMT timezone and basically can do this at any reasonable time through the day/ evening but would like to do this when it is most convenient for the participants

For those who can’t make it the video copies will be available to anyone interested.

The below polls are anonymous, i will not see who votes for what

• I would be interested in viewing Webinars
  • I would not be interested in Webinars

0 voters

Please let me know when the best time is (based on Europe/ UK time zones)

• During Working Day (Mon - Fri)
  • Evenings (Mon - Fri)
  • Weekends
  • I said I am not interested in webinars

0 voters

Twitch needs an account signup, are people happy to use the twitch platform

• I already have Twitch Account
  • I would be happy to subscribe to Twitch (free) to do this
  • I would not want to subscribe to Twitch
  • I said I am not interested in webinars

0 voters

Feel free to comment below

8 Likes

I would love to know how to integrate lets, say a template from phonegap into wrappler. THanks.

1 Like

I would love this! I’m begging for more trainings like this.

I really think this can make a big difference in my business, to basically have control on the most difficult (for me) area to understand, which is tech. It eliminates a lot of headaches and cost by not having to outsource this. If I get proficient with wappler I think I can achieve the same as an average developer in even less time.

Keep it coming!

1 Like

Very good initiative Brian.

2 Likes

Love love love love love it :slight_smile:

This is what I’ve been waiting for is some good video training and having it in an interactive way is even better.

What I feel is missing from Wappler at the moment is a take you by the hands start to finish CRUD project.

Something like a build a blog that starts you from setting everything up connecting to some shared cPanel hosting or local xammp building the friend end a login system and then a simple post and user management system. If that could be done I think that would be a massive plus for the training materials.

1 Like

For the first session I will probably be basing it on my video, Build a full SCRUD in around 15 mins.

As that video was prepared to show how quickly it could be done there are lots of aspects that have not been covered like importing form fields, validation, preventing duplicates & the DOM panel.

I hope to use the video content as a framework in the first session and extend it to cover the aspects not included in the video

7 Likes

Awesome idea. Here in the states it would be a little later in the afternoon i guess, but I would surely make the time for it.

That’s a brilliant video, I’ll take a look at that in more detail thanks

Unsubscribe me!!! Too many latters

Not sure what you mean by too many ‘latters’, but you can set your own preferences as to what you recieve and what you don’t in the preferences. Hope that helps.

40%20PM

Sorry guys- moved this topic to the general category because in announcements all forum members get a mail on each reply.

Sorry George, my mistake. didn’t realise that

Terrific Idea!! Step-by-Step since you have changed the whole concept for building an app.

1 Like

See for follow up and contents of the webinars:

1 Like

great idea, please let me know when and how to join in.

Will be announcing those soon

Very excited about this.