Webinar Roadmap

Don’t be shy Sid, get on board via twitch and get involved in the webinars. If you are one of the few that said they wouldn’t want to register a Twitch account I will be creating a few extra accounts which members could use temporarily if they want.
I can’t claim to being a good designer, i come from a programming background rather than a design one so not sure i am the best to give design tips but maybe I could eventually coax a few of the designers here to jump in and add some content

I really need this to remain Wappler specific as there are lots of general information on security via google. If I broaden the topics too much we risk diluting the benefit to Wappler users

As to mobile apps, it will be framework 7/ Cordova based

I am not sure I will be able to catch live stream. Time difference. Will decide once you release the schedule. :sweat_smile:

Thats right… which is why i was suggesting to keep it in context of Wappler, but just not restricted the example in hand. Maybe talk about how the security measures work in the background… get a bit into the code… and not just the UI components.

1 Like

Probably looking at around 3pm UK, 4pm Europe, that equates to around 10am east coast USA, 8pm India. Problematic for Australia (10pm) and West Coast USA (7am)

Nothing set in stone yet though

1 Like

Weekends?

Preferred option seems to be weekdays, I am totally flexible, self employed and work from home.
Was thinking routine webinars on weekdays, maybe “specials” on weekends

Oh. Weekdays I stop working on the current project at around 8/9pm. Maybe i’ll join in live for specials. And YouTube the rest :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, i guess you will be 8.30 pm if 3pm in UK?

Around that time.
15:00 UK = 19:30 INDIA

Thank you for all your posts and videos. Would love to eventually see an authorize.net and PayPal payment getaways with not only a front end for the user but a backend for capturing and viewing transaction Information such as date, amount if successful, declined etc…

Can’t wait. Hoping to find json in there somewhere.

All in good time John, Rome wasn’t built in a day
I assume you mean json data sources, json is pretty fundamental to Wappler as it is the mechanism for most data flow within the App.

Will probably figure first in a section on APIs, not looked that far ahead yet, let’s see how things go first

1 Like

You have an excellent Northumbrian voice, not boring at all Brian…!

1 Like

First of a great idea which is to be encouraged.
I would spend time explaining both the WAPPLER rationale and layout and why it is as it is. What it is good at and where it is a wee bit quirky. WAPPLER is neither immediately obvious nor forgiving of mistakes.
An explanation of the components, templates with regard to what you can and cannot do. And what is worth doing. For an amateur ‘Jack of few trades and master of none,’ the basic basics are missing.
On each section, in the end, I would point to other references and or a site with reverse engineering exhibiting your points.
I would keep the pictorial format and keep away from the spoken narrative. With the pictorial, the reader goes at his pace, can easily goes back. You avoid technical problems and not everyone has English as a first language; understands different accents or hears well. Stick with the present, excellent pictorial format.
I would add another section on the practicalities of CSS.
In SQL - php section, mention if you can, the possibilities of mailing and stored procedures.
I would add a pdf CONTENT with a search so that the user can easily look up a point on the pdf saying where the subject is on which seminar. A grind – but it would make everything comprehensive.
The last point, get it idiot tested. And I can think of no greater idiot than my good self. :frowning:
So if you want let me know.

All great ideas Michael but don’t forget I am doing this as a user (I’m not part of the Wappler team don’t forget), i have to be both realistic in my goals and focused in my efforts (still have a business to run also)

We already have an amazing forum containing lots of how to information and a youtube channel with videos.

The Webinars are to compliment that, not duplicate.

The purpose of doing webinars is to allow me to interact with followers and facilitate them asking questions and making suggestions. Without that they simply become videos.

So it will be live voice over and on screen demonstration i’m afraid. I simply don’t have time to start creating parallel documentation like PDFs

I will be starting atn the very basics and developing from there although I haven’t discounted the idea some “specials” on more complex or specific topics once everything is working smoothly.
Watch out for an announcement later today

3 Likes

Thanks
If so I’d still start with basic basics of what and why things are where and as they are.
I really believe the WAPPLER community is a tremendous boon.
But it tends to cover up one basic problem. There is no definitive coherent guide along the learning path.
George’s explanation techniques are excellent with regard to the exhaustive pictorial approach. And they are sequential to a point.
But far too many basic assumptions are made. I am not suggesting explain everything- far from it. But any basic explanation must state it assumes certain knowledge and if not where to find it-- even WIKI. An example on CSS was an assumption about basic knowledge of BOOTSTRAPS which I do not have!
The newbie like me, who came to get a lot better, is amazed at the erudite answers. But, I feel sometimes like a complete bloody idiot even asking.
More power to your elbow. I would prefer a Leeds accent :slight_smile:

Sorry Michael, 100 miles north of Leeds. I am Northumbrian by birth but my accent is “Geordie” albeit I don’t think I have a strong accent for someone who has lived on Tyneside most of his life. Professional live has led me to try to keep my accent to a minimum (although I can speak in broad Geordie if you prefer :smiley:)

You make valid points and that really is what is driving the webinars, I need to know what users want and by the medium of live interaction they can ask me and i will do my best to address the issue. Interaction will be via a chat window so nobody needs to be shy.

Also, i would love to say I can answer every question but I am not the font of all knowledge, for example on CSS people like @ben are way ahead of me but i well do my best of find the answer later if I don’t know and add it to the webinar notes

1 Like

Ta, mate MOT