Webinar 3 videos

Bit delayed this time, few edits needed and a few family issues to attend to but Webinar 3 is now uploaded to YouTube (with the errors correct and edited)

I have split it in to 3 parts as it is still, even after editing, 1 hr 40 mins long

Part 1 covers the login, logout, security provider steps
Part 2 covers the password change (with the bug sorted!)
Part 3 covers password recovery/change (with browser error corrected)

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

8 Likes

Very educational Brian, learned a lot. Thanks!

During the video’s I started thinking, isn’t there a template for this? So that I just have to change out some variables to make it work in my own project, and have a fully working login/signup flow. I do understand that you need to know the logic behind it, but since I now do, it would save some time not to have to enter each step myself manually. Is it possible to package this in some kind of template?

Yes, something i have thought about myself

If you recall there has been mention of a “fallback” server connection, i think it got a mention in the webinar.

I suggested this to help make server actions potentially portable.

At present we could share server actions as zip files to be extracted to our systems but in all cases the database server connection stage would be wrong as it is server specific
My suggestion of a “fallback” or “default” server action would be that you could leave out the database connection stage completely and in this case wappler would say “Oops there are no database connection specified, i will just use my fallback settings”

I believe this is in the pipeline

We were actually thinking about automating most of these tasks so that the server actions and the corresponding forms get inserted in a more automated way.
Once the database creator is integrated in Wappler it will become easier for us to offer more automated tasks related to dynamic data and database tables.
Of course all the current steps will be available for the advanced users who want to customize every detail of their actions/pages.

2 Likes

Wow, first official confirmation of this much rumoured feature

2 Likes

Yes that’s something which has been in our roadmap for quite some time already :slight_smile:
I didn’t know it was a rumor/secret thing, also George did mention it already in a few topics.

1 Like

Good to know :slight_smile:

Also one other thing that was mentioned in this webinar @Teodor , is that some blocks are not available when you try to add them from the root of the app structure.

But when to try to add these blocks in a container, they are available:

Maybe it’s on purpose, but it’s a bit confusing.

These are just different types of blocks. You only see the blocks available to be inserted in the current container/element. So blocks which are available only inside .container won’t be displayed in other elements.

The one with the N/A are just not yet created and added to Wappler.