Web Graphics: Photoshop vs Affinity Photo - What do you use?

After using Photoshop since version 3.0.5 my subscription to Creative Cloud finally ends next week.

I am currently torn between a Photography Plan with Adobe or just buing Affinity Photo. Both have there merits. Affinity is a small one time cost vs Photoshop also comes with Lightroom.

I also have to keep in mind I have a hobby of designing mock theatre posters for plays. that I enjoy. So the photo editing part is crucial.

https://www.lawryk.ca/posters.php

What do you guys use for web graphics and why?

2 Likes

I use Corel Paintshop Pro. Suits my needs and is a lot cheaper than Adobe. It comes with loads of extra software and features

Great posters !!

2 Likes

I have Adobe CC which I keep questioning whether I should continue when it comes up for renewal. Despite having Photoshop installed, I actually use photopea.com for most of my image editing work. I am so impressed with it, I purchased a license to remove the ads and give something back to the developer. And it runs a whole lot quicker than Photoshop.

Affinity photo and affinity designer are awesome i used both.

I use Fireworks 2004! :rofl:

3 Likes

I still use a very old but reliable RealDraw and CorelDraw X3.

I’m a little more up do date than @Antony - I use Fireworks CS5 (2010). I tried to use Affinity Photo instead - it’s very good, but I reverted to Fireworks.

1 Like

Yes, often familiarity wins the day! :tada:

2 Likes

I am now officially free from 25 years in the Adobe Cult. I went with Affinity and early indications are very positive. I can even work with my old .PSD files. Only thing I miss so far is Adobe Fonts.

Thanks for your input guys!

2 Likes