Web and Android Mobile Package (including deployment to Play-Store, all code, training)

Spurred on by @mebeingken and his recent offering we are considering providing the following:

Android Mobile/Data-Web Package ‘One’ will include:

• Back-End PHP API Creation (data source for Web and Android).
  • Back-Office/Administration Area (application management).
  • User Registration/Access (roles, restrictions, groups).
  • MySQL Database Schema (including users, language, settings).
  • Language Translation Functionality (via keyed array).
  • Front-End Web and Android deployments included.
  • Fully Commented Code (easily understandable).
  • Android Studio Set-Up and Introduction (*Windows only currently).
  • Gradle and Dependencies Set-Up (*Windows only currently).
  • Application Certificate (required for Play-Store) configuration.
  • Publish to Play-Store for Release (**developer account required).
  • One to One 4 hours via E-Mail/Skype/Zoom (can be extended).
  • ALL Custom CSS, Javascript and Plug-Ins included.
  • Free Updates, new Plug-in additions etc.
  • Full on-boarding and training session.
  • Access to a variety video guides (Wappler, UI, UX, etc).
  • Discount on future Packages and access to FREEBIES.

Book now for January allocations (commencing 10th January). Package is based on first come first served. Windows only currently, although the overall package output will work fine in both Linux and Apple environments (discount given if only part of the package fits your requirements, open to discussions).

This package is based on a PHP Server back-end with HTML as the front-end. All files included, simply import to Wappler to begin. *Set-up of Gradle and Android dependencies is required, the package includes help and guidance to prepare everything for Wappler. We will generate your certificates for you as part of the package and deploy to **your Google Android Developer account for publication in the Play-Store.

Our question is what is this worth before we attach a price to it? Is it a worthy offering? Bare in mind this is really an introduction to get you up and running with confidence. The packages we will offer will compliment each-other. We will include further advancements on the above in due time.

We get a lot of messages asking for various services but have never really been in the position to accommodate them so we thought we would see how the users here react to such an offering before going ahead? Really appreciate any feedback or inquiries!

Thanks in advance.

:wink:

7 Likes

For sure this would be something i would pay for… guess its going to be on a supply / demand formula…
15 - 20 USD? its hard to give a price as you will need to see if its worth it for you… if you have already done all the work then maybe look at what www.lynda.com and tutsplus.com/tutorials asks… and see what will be a fair price for you? Because if its to expensive… then you might only get 10 users… but if affordable … you might get 1000 subscribers :slight_smile: its a great initiative - as the Team at Wappler have their hands full in providing a great product… but the tutorials are lacking some details… (* I think they thing we are all rocket scientists and things should just be obvious…) But then again they are all super clever and thats why we have Wappler…

1 Like

Thanks for the input Mozzi I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. We would probably have to drop a few things from the package such as the one to one side, and a couple of other things to bring it down to $20 or so just because of the shear amount of time it could take to walk people through the set-up for Android Studio. Depending on the skill of the user it could take anywhere from ten minutes to a couple of hours to go through it. Will sit back and think as maybe we could wrap it up all in to a download with step by step (almost the same instructions as Lego) walk-through type approach, no hand-holding.

Again really appreciated to get some input.

Thank you kindly.

:slight_smile:

Hi Dave.

Thanks for the quick response… Yes most of the things you mention is overkill… the one on one sessions.
For me… im n visual person. So i really dont like reading and reading… as i already do to much of that with client briefs… ** for me ideally it would be great if you offer a VIDEO course… on setting things up and providing links… no point in making 1000 screenshots of each step. A high res video series… or something would be awesome… that is my 2 cents…

and a link do download the source files… or something… maybe add it to a store like https://themeforest.net/category/site-templates/mobile to protect your content or something… then we can download it from there…* just a suggestion and then maybe 24 USD …

BUT yes… step by step video and files would be great… as its easy to follow… and easier to create from your side than screenshots…

1 Like

This looks very interesting @Dave. I would probably pay $50-$100 for something like this but the lack of iOS and MacOS would make it much less suitable for me.

If it helped me get to the point of creating apps for both Android and iOS on a Mac then I’d certainly invest in this as it stands but that’s assuming the info you’re providing gives enough to get me through the Apple stuff.

Hope that makes sense!

2 Likes

We are waiting to get our hand on a 16gb Mac Mini M1 so I might be hitting you up for some advice! :slight_smile: Last time I used a Mac was DTP work way back in 89-90 or so… I believe there have been a few changes I’ll need to catch up on…

:smiley:

Thanks for the feedback. Some very good suggestions.

Appreciated indeed.

2 Likes

You’ll love the Mac Mini, I have absolutely no doubt about that. Happy to assist at all when you have it, naturally :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this is what people have been asking for for a long time Dave.

I must voice some concern, not about this great idea, but when this is potentially going, started by Ken’s great offerings and this idea

One of the strengths of Wappler has been the great community and the support offered
Are we heading for a situation where if someone asks a question they are simply told to buy a module from a forum member as an alternative to the help and support normally offered?

Sorry if I sound negative but I think it needs to be said

2 Likes

Not at all Brian.

Its more compensating for some time if people want to get started that day (we’ll do everything to get them on to Play-Store within hours). The majority of what we are planning will be on offer in videos etc, absolutely free. I still plan on writing a few more (in-depth and image based) tutorials/howtos for the forums. Then if users wish to hit us up for some one on one and a little spooning we are all ears!

2 Likes

We’ve built a lot of complex web apps with Wappler - never a mobile app!
Would see value in such a tutorial.
Maybe make the one on one sessions optional so that the pricing would be more attractive for some others.
Probably won’t even need a video - well documented instructions with screenshots could be a way to start this (like an MVP before jumping into production stuff with videos)

2 Likes

I’m a fan of more text based guides. Bare-bones like the old Phrack mags!

Might go old school!

__      __                      .__                
/  \    /  \_____  ______ ______ |  |   ___________ 
\   \/\/   /\__  \ \____ \\____ \|  | _/ __ \_  __ \
 \        /  / __ \|  |_> >  |_> >  |_\  ___/|  | \/
  \__/\  /  (____  /   __/|   __/|____/\___  >__|   
       \/        \/|__|   |__|             \/       

I believe that absorption of information is far more successful when read rather than played in a video. We produce videos for clients for training so its not a far step for us to do it. Its just painful and off-putting. Whereas writing is fluid and focused (well in my case anyway hahaha).

Thank you @nshkrsh

Really appreciate your feedback too sir!

6 Likes

Hey @dave

Thanks for creating such a great idea!

Here is some feedback:

• I had to read it a few times to get the gist of what you are offering. Some general sentences first would be very useful.

• I still don’t understand what you mean by ‘Front-End Web and Android deployments’, ‘Gradle and Dependencies Set-Up’ (what on earth is Gradle? :thinking:).

• For me, video is essential. Show me what to do. Use your voice to bring understanding and clarity. Allow me to learn while I eat or wash up. We take in twice as much when we hear rather than read.

• Yes, I would de-couple the 1:1 sessions too.

• I would definitely like to know how to design for both web and mobile. I’ve just built for web and have no idea how mobile compatible or incompatible my app is.

• I probably don’t need all the templates as I have an app already. Just need to know what I am doing next.

• Definitely needs to include big picture descriptions of web and mobile app creation and how to best structure a project to easily create a GUI in both worlds while most easily accessing common data.

• How to sync off line data for a mobile app feels very essential.

• Price? Without the 1:1 sessions and with good video, I’d say $50, going higher if there is large amounts of in-depth content.

I hope all this helps!
Antony. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback Antony :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha mate I sound like Del-Boy Trotter! Would be like a comedy with me narrating. My business partner can do that bit. He sounds Etonian!

Will respond to the rest after Christmas Antony. Just had to reply as my missus cracked up. She also just said (edit) that she blue screens every time I open my mouth (kernel panic for you *nix lot), her exact words (shes not OS biased hahaha).

1 Like

Assuming this package is a reusable system template to kickoff development, and hopefully modular that node, postgres, etc, could be swapped in/out your pricing strategy should be based on how many you want/can sell (assume all costs and time per customer).

Lets say you want to sell 10 per quarter, then you want to price it for the highest the 10th highest person would pay.

Don’t ask people what they’d pay, because two reasons, humans are terrible at predicting their future self, and humans are terrible at placing a dollar value on products and services.

Again, assuming this is a reusable template, well documented, and supported when it breaks due to upgrades, then what you’re offering is your expertise to expedite others achieving their value.

I would pay one time $300-$500 for that template and support. Annually adding $100 to continue the support.

I’d also pay for a stable, fully working wrapper environment with enterprise grade support in the $2500 range for perpetual or $300/dev per month as a subscription.

These numbers are based on my experience of all other options out there and what it costs to get a stable multichannel application to market.

My platform alternative to wrapper is $32K annually and comes with CD/CI but also with limits on scale that quickly pushes me to $75k/year.

My advice, make a solid enterprise grade solution and support it as such. Price it accordingly. Sell limited versions for down market.