Wappler v5 released, VC-funding and more (April Fools joke)

This topic was an April Fools joke - original text below

George Petrov, CEO of Dynamic Zones - the parent company of Wappler - is proud to announce along with their team the much-awaited release of Wappler v5 after successfully scoring Venture Capital Funding, which brings incredible features to make Wappler the de-facto low-code solution.

The mastermind behind the push of Wappler v5 is its recently-appointed Business Strategy Director Joseph (@blackelite), in an interview he said:

I’m so glad I sold my business, learnt Dutch, moved to the Netherlands, and began working as Wappler Business Strategy Director. It’s about time someone pulled this company in that profitability and global expansion direction!

With the new Business Strategy Director and VC-funding expert John (@scalaris), they have achieved A-series funding valued at 5 million dollars.

On the front-end, the team is excited to announce interoperability with Adobe XD, Figma and Tailwind CSS. Back-end improvements include the addition of a new server target Go (Golang) under the leadership of Max (@Max_Saravia) and @Apple

To end with the cherry on the top, Wappler will now begin offering instant, server-less Wappler hosting with free, unmetered CPU usage (assuming legitimate usage). The only thing you will have to pay is storage space, which is based on the number of rows you have stored on the DB. The board directors have decided to price this feature at $10/month per 100 database rows. Database backups, replication and exportation comes at an affordable $99/month.

The ability to export Wappler app’s source-code will now be behind an extra, valued at $200/month, bringing the current Wappler subscription to $249/month for most customers. We believe this price increase will allow push Wappler’s development even further, bringing better value for our customers.

We hope you understand and are excited about these upcoming changes as we are.

Thank you.

14 Likes

Congratulations to all. And all done by April 1st.

Though I’d be very disappointed with only $5M raise/valuation in this market. 10x on both front minimum

:smile:

WOW Congratulations to the team and looking forward to continue working with Wappler!

@Apple, man I love you. Been waiting for this ever since Wappler started.

And all of this on 01/04/2022. :+1:

2 Likes

We are on the verge of growth and global expansion. Wappler will become the benchmark of web and mobile development, taught to kids at elementary level. This funding is the beginning of more to come as the company shifts into a more stable and developer-focused business model.

:smile:

Still waiting for Wappler v6… hurry plz

OMG, For the first moment I believed the article, but after “assuming legitimate usage” I remembered where else I could hear that… Oh yeah… Bubble…

Happy April Fool’s Day!

2 Likes

LOLs for @blackelite mention! That was brilliant :joy:

LOL. Yes, I was at the press conference. :slight_smile: :smile:

2 Likes

hahaha… good one… i would have believed it if the hosting was not so expensive…and included at least 101 rows to beat the competition… (* wanna be competition) hahaha :slight_smile: and you guys did not include the other pivotal person @JonL … that was the dead give away…

We could only wish… :laughing:

Haha, yeah, when I noticed JonL was missing it was already too late - I was planning to do this kind of topic but only realized today was already 1st April and had to quickly draft a text.

Towards the end I purposely made it obvious it was a joke, to not scare anyone :slight_smile:

I enjoyed blackelite’s speech so much and remembered scalaris saying Wappler was missing the train of VC-funding of low-code tools, so that’s how the idea came :wink:

5 Likes

It wouldn’t have been credible if my name wasn’t linked to removing php from wappler :joy:

I really had a good laugh!

3 Likes

Made me chuckle :slight_smile:

Sounded ok to me until the 100 rows thing. I’m like wtf?

1 Like

@Apple … hahaha… how you changed the title to include … . (April Fools joke)… mmmm i can then only say… Congratulations!! You pulled it off… because for you to put that in the title… it seems you had many “questions” from believers… hahaha…

Hahaha, I wish! It would’ve been so funny. Nah, I believe pretty much anyone figured out by the section of the insane prices it was a joke.

Should I keep the April Fools title?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters