Wappler v4 Crashes After Waking From Sleep

Wappler Version : 4.0.1
Operating System : W10 Version 21H1 (OS Build 19403.1151)

Actual behavior

I remember seeing a post about this, but can’t find it anymore. So posting again.

Does this happen each time when your PC awakes?

Mostly. But only after like 10-15 mins.

There is some new tech with new machines where they “pretend” to go to sleep?!
So if I wake it up in a few minutes, it remains as is. But if I let be on “pretend” sleep for some time, it actually goes to sleep & thats when Wappler crashes I think.

Could you be more specific in the steps to reproduce? Also is it on any PC or just your new ones?

Did you have the same project and page open when it happens and does it happen with all projects?

It happens with all the projects.
I haven’t checked on other systems - but it definitely happens frequently on mine - which is a new 11th Gen laptop.
I don’t have any specific steps to reproduce. Will try to keep an eye on how long my PC sleeps before this error shows up.

What do you see in the logs automatically sent to you guys?

@George Have been keeping an eye on state of my system & Wappler since the last post.
Could not find any pattern to it.
Since the last few days, Wappler crashed just now for the first time.
So you should take a look at the report sent automatically as I don’t think I can help.

@George Just now I got the same error, while using Wappler. Nothing to do with sleep or anything.
I was just closing a bunch of open tabs, and it crashed with the same message.
I have done this many time before in 4.0.1. This is the first time Wappler has crashed.

This is a generic Electron crash message, like it says a report is logged in our system and we can investigate those.

So it’s been logged.

Seeing this a lot more frequently in the past few days. @George
Majority of times, PC just woke from sleep and Wappler’s crash message shows up.

Well we have a lot of improvements coming up in the update tomorrow. Also our error reporting is greatly improved, so we should be able to see more if this happens again.

So lets see how it goes from there.

1 Like

Hey @George.
Any update on this? Have been updating Wappler regularly, and there’s no change in the error. Still see Wappler crashing randomly all the time.

Well it should be better in 4.0.5.

Are you talking still just about the crash on awake? Or you mean crashes in general?

Mostly I see Wappler crashing when woken from sleep. Haven’t noticed any change in general crashes - very rare.

check now with Wappler 4.0.6

We have made some additional improvements.

Also make sure you have all the regular things like Windows 10 updates and latest video drivers in place.

Maybe try on a different computer as well, if it still happens

Will update in a day or two and let you know my observations in the future.

Always updated. :slight_smile:

Will ask around the office to keep and eye on this and inform if it happens with them as well.

1 Like

Hi @George
This issue is becoming more and more frequent with every update it seems.
With the latest 4.1.3, almost every alternate sleep-wake cycle causes Wappler to crash.
Do you not get anything from the logs regarding this?

I have received complaints from around the office regarding this as well.

@George There has been zero improvement in this regard.
Wappler still keeps crashing randomly when waking PC from sleep. Can you probably share some “debug” version which will do a bit more logging automatically and send to you guys to idenitfy the issue here?
Its the only application on my machine that crashes almost always after restoring Windows from sleep.