Wappler User Opinions on React Native for 2023?

Question 1) Can Wappler 5.3.1 incorporate a React Native app environment instead of its Framework 7 variant?

Question 2 ) What are the Pros & Cons according to Wappler users in this forum about using React Native?

Question 3 ) Are there back-end components in Wappler that are superior to React Native server side components?

Thank you for all opinions from the basis of personal experience. :nerd_face:

Packages & Integrations

In the React Native Directory you will be able to see many libraries that are compatible with React Native. It is a community-driven effort to help developers browse and evaluate packages, plugins, state management libraries, and more.
https://reactnative.directory/

React Native or ReactJS? (I personally don’t see use case for React Native any longer, modern render engines can do 60FPS on React JS, e.g. Ionic Framework)

And while talking, I personally would like to see Ionic as the mobile frame work :smiley:

Who needs React when we have got App Connect. Why the hand code when we have got Wappler. Why the heck bring up the subject in this forum. I do not see the point.

2 Likes

I had seen earlier requests.
Why I was curious is because of the huge library of packages, plugins, etc.
Such as –
https://getstream.io/chat/sdk/react-native/

React / React native is client / frontend side so nothing with server. You can create your backend with Wappler and use react native to create apps for example.

I personally use React native to create a mobile app for my Wappler made web app

Well, depending on the application’s intent.
“nothing with the server” is not strictly true.
React has its own server-side components that run on node.js.

From what I see unless I misunderstand its applicability “Wappler App Connect” can also function as the Server-Side API component with some modifications for React running on a node.js project.

But server side rendering can be a performance booster for the quick initial loading of the application. “SSR sends down a fully loaded app from the server itself so the computing power of the server compensates for the processing power used by the client.”

And makes the app itself instantly readable by search engines crawl bots for search engine optimization- Before the user-side interactivity in the smart device begins to get or process API data exchanges.

At least that’s my understanding.

And that leads back to my trying to use Wappler’s forum to learn about the advanced Wappler development cycle for Native App and Hybrid app development from Wappler Developers.

There is a “pat you on the head” attitude, if I may venture, that pooh-poohs these questions with “I do it all the time. What puzzles you?”

Well, from my understanding of a couple of hours with Wappler, Wappler’s App Connect IS their own frontend framework. Thats where lot’s of the work went in, BS and F7 are just the icing on the cake / eyecandy for the frontend (I assume they will add Tailwind CSS and components soon, just because it’s getting really popular - I personally don’t like it from developer point of view).

So replacing App Connect with React, Svelte or Vue won’t work from my point of view (as a product manager)

Wappler is quit integrated, but actually, it looks like a low code alternative to React/Boostrape/Node.SJ/Express (*or Nest JS) stack.

With regards to SSR: In the past, we had HTML pages, now with JavaScript taking over, we do have highly interactive dynamic web applications and start creating static content again for the search engines. Heck, stay static then? :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Much appreciated for taking the time to give me this informative response! :nerd_face: :vulcan_salute: