Wappler update breaks my authentication system

Hi there Wappler team,

So today I encountered a slightly worrying issue:
I was working on the development version of a php application, when I noticed that when I try to login on the frontend of the application, the security enforcer redirects me to the index.php page and the current_user query gets an unauthorized error.
Quickly checking the live version (currently being used by 4k+ users) luckily proved that the live version is still working. So being extra careful not to push the develop to live button I tried to track the issue.

What I noticed is that in the Git view there are a couple of core files changed, since the last update. I reverted the changes to these two files:
/dmxConnectLib/lib/core/Session.php
/dmxConnectLib/lib/auth/Provider.php

And my authentication system on the development version works again!

So I’m not really sure what is up here, just super glad that it works again now. Please let me know which details you would need in order to analyse this issue. This issue did momentarily freak me out!

Keep up all the awesome work.

Bg

Jelle

Please check:

You are probably using an old PHP version (5). A fix for backwards compatibility with PHP 5 is coming this week, but you can get the files from the topic i linked to, or just upgrade to a recent PHP version, as PHP 5 is already outdated.

Thanks for the super swift reply, Teodor!

So I can confirm that Patrick’s hotfix works. That’s great! Would be awesome if this would be included in the next update.

I am not on Php 5, though:

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.3.1

1 Like