Wappler Uninstall leaves a lot behind

Using Wappler 6.3.3 on Windows 10.

For reasons that are too long to explain here, I wanted to uninstall Wappler from my laptop to then reinstall it.

I run Settings > Apps , searched for Wappler, and run Uninstall.

Expected Behaviour:
A machine cleansed of everything Wappler because the Uninstall program should completely wiped out ALL things related to Wappler.

Observed Behaviour
The folder AppData/Local/Wappler was removed. I think that’s the main place where Wappler keeps all its stuff.

I noticed, HOWEVER, that the following was left behind:

• The folder AppData/Roaming/Wappler, which is full of Wappler stuff
  • at least 2 dozen registry entries with the name Wappler.

(I don’t know if any of those leftovers would cause the issue that triggered my uninstall, but irrespective of that, the Uninstall should cleanup well.)

Many thanks,

Alex

Wappler leaves behind all of your project settings. Therefore when you re-install you still have all your projects set up. The application itself gets fully removed as I understand it.

This is the official doc for uninstalling Wappler for a clean re-install: Reinstall Wappler from scratch

Hadn’t checked registry before. Maybe something @George can clarify.

Thx Sid,
I unknowingly followed this process because I did delete the Appdata/Roaming/Wappler folder when I found it.
I’m nervous about touching the Registry because I don’t know how the OS uses it.
I think all this work s/b included in a future Uninstall.

Thx again,

Alex

1 Like

AppData/Local/Wappler is not particularly important now, all settings etc are now stored in AppData/Roaming/Wappler

Basically when you uninstall wappler it removes the app but leaves the settings.

There are 2 folders that Wappler uses on Windows:

AppData/Local/Wappler is the application folder, it contains the actual Wappler application.
AppData/Roaming/Wappler is the user folder, it contains the user data from Wappler.

When uninstalling Wappler it removes the Application and leaves the user folder on the system. When reinstalling/updating Wappler it will reuse the user folder so projects and settings are not lost.

There are not many registry entries created by Wappler and they should be removed when you uninstall the application. There are several registry entries added by Windows which we do not remove. Let us know if there are some suspicious entries in the registry that you think should be removed and we will investigate it.

Thx Patrick,

There are many registry entries referencing Wappler, and I can’t tell if any of those looks suspicious.

Do you need to know which entries those are? If so, other than finding them one by one with F3 in the Registry Editor, and then typing the key name and value for you, I don’t know how to give you a list of those entries.

Please let me know if you need them and if so, if you know a more efficient way of getting them, and I’ll get them for you.

Many thanks,

Alex