Wappler Stripping out jQuery

Node project on Windows 11. I have some legacy code (1.5-2 years old) using Croppie Image Cropper in a Wappler project that has been successfully functioning with Bootstrap 4 and jQuery 3.3.1. While attempting to update now using Wappler 6.3.0 the jQuery 3.3.1 is being stripped out by Wappler and replaced with jQuery 3.5.1 with the message “Head node changed successfully”?

I read someplace that jQuery 3.5.1 was “required for Bootstrap 4” but it has been working successfully for the last year and a half. In addition @brad mentions a solution here New project Wappler 4 with Bootstrap 5 that I can’t seem to get to work?

Is there a way to override jQuery 3.5.1 to use jQuery 3.3.1 on at least one page of a project? Or am I going about this all wrong and is there another solution?

I assume that your project is based on Bootstrap 4, in which case you do need jQuery. The version of included jQuery can be selected when you choose to add a framework, as in:

1 Like

I don’t know if the automatic update changed from cdn to local…

I would try to change the jquery folder’s name (instead of deleting them) in case of still loading the local jquery… (conflict ?)

1 Like

Hi Ben, Thanks for getting back. I have selected jQuery 3.3.1 (as shown below) in the Frameworks but Wappler rips it out and replaces it with 3.5.1 as shown in the terminal.

I have attempted to place the 3.3.1 code in the head of the (node project) main.ejs and at the end of the html. Is there a way to configure Wappler not to override my code? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. BTW, Lovin your Boutique video series on YouTube!

1 Like

Thanks Tasos, I thought that was weird too. How can there be an “Older” version of he same file?

1 Like