Wappler slow performance

An update on the considerable performance issues I was having after the update: they’ve gone!

I’m very pleased obviously but also sorry to have raised the issue. My computer restarted after a Windows update but I’m still puzzled about the cause. There weren’t any issues with RAM or CPU usage and I restarted Wappler several times. Perhaps there was some other program causing a conflict.

I think the issue with the Sass compiler slowing things down is a different matter - and something I’m sure can be optimised (eg the point at which compilation is triggered). I haven’t had any freezes like others.

Sentry is the error reporting tool, it wraps around all the logging and that is why it shows on almost any line of the log file. It keeps track of the logging and will send that to us as soon as a critical error occurs.

Did you notice any errors/warnings in the log file or some messages that were repeating a lot?

Does the code editor self response very slow (like characters appear after a delay when you type) or is it slow syncing the changes to the design view?

The file I sent to George was only about 170 lines, just logging the opening of a file which was taking about 20 seconds. ‘Warning’ occurs 11 times and ‘error’ 10 times. Most of the warnings were:
‘WARNING:account_consistency_mode_manager.cc(233)] Desktop Identity Consistency cannot be enabled as no OAuth client ID and client secret have been configured.’
The first error was:
‘ERROR:component_loader.cc(169)] Failed to parse extension manifest.’

As I mentioned, the issue seems to have resolved itself. It might have been due to a slow connection to fontawesome (although the css files are local):
‘Slow network is detected. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5636954674692096 for more details. Fallback font will be used while loading: fontawesome’
… but the slow rendering of the fonts was only apparent after about 10 seconds, and the actual website didn’t seem to have any problems. Also, the target in Wappler was set to local.

This video shows @2:25 that when I click one of the icons (sorry, hidden from view), the program goes haywire.

Leaving the machine to do its job @ 4:00 Wappler exits.

Edit: did the same Experimental features off. No problem.

I had a total freeze today using wappler i had to force exit. Im using Mac Os Catalina. Experimental features was on. Sorry i dont have the log but i will try to reproduce.

All performance problems should be now fixed in Wappler 2.8.1

2 Likes

this

This should be fixed in the latest update: 2.8.1

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.