Wappler Online Course?

I was thinking about a Wappler Online Course? I dont want to invent the wheel from scratch, but maybe it would make sense with a small Quiz do onboard users before they start with a project. It would help users to head on the right path of developing, otherwise support forum gets increased requests. I‘dont want to speak from „Certificated Wappler Users“, but for most interactions thats needed. Nobody sits in a car without a crash course.:boom: :red_car:

Questions could be done in groups like „Design“, „Database“, „Wappler Interface“, and for me very important: „Best Practice“.

So for example a question in „Best Practice“ could be:

What is the proper way to use Server Connections?

• No special needs, just add them.
  • Proper naming and grouping
  • Ordering is important

You did a new Page where you interact with Api/DB or Similar and its just not working. What you do?

• I start opening the necessary PHP/ASP files to check code.
  • I will try different Browsers and Operating Systems
  • I will start to Debug with XHR

You have similar Elements/Blocks which appear on different PHP Pages, what way you go?

• I will copy and paste the Code into other Pages of my Project
  • I will use SSI and Include these Parts
  • I will put that block into a new File and include them

Your client asks for design and colour changes. What you do?

• I‘ll change my existing Bootstrap Code and CSS
  • I dont change existing Bootstrap Code, instead add a new CSS and include it in my header
  • I use a new Style and change it

Your project gets bigger, how you make sure you don‘t mess up?

• I put short prefixes to identify elements, use Folders and a namingconvention.
  • With wappler you cant mess up

Whats important before starting with DBs in Wappler?

• Nothing, you just can start and can change DB during project easily.
  • You need to design a consistent DB with prefixes and datatypes.

You have a DB with t_customers and therefore stored their ads in t_adverts whats important?

• Nothing you just need to make sure ID‘s are properly linked.
  • You need to make sure that DB is logic and fields/data constrain.
3 Likes

Nice idea and sounds fun although a lot of work, who are you thinking would do that - you, all of us, the team?
For me, getting documentation up to scratch is the priority, maybe something like this later…
I considered producing an e-book, “Wappler - The Missing manual” but came to the conclusion I would simply be reproducing the wrapper docs and that was pointless (and keeping up to date with Wappler’s rapid progress would be a problem)

A quiz would be nice, but only as final part of a more extensive online course. In and of itself I’m not sure if it’s really that useful. Video’s like @Hyperbytes makes personally has the most value to me, learned a lot from that.

Thanks for that Nevil, I am never sure whether to do videos or “how to’s” appreciate feedback on preferences