Wappler on Mac Mini with Apple Silicon M1 - Day 1

And an interesting discussion on the topic:

Interesting! I read it wasnā€™t going on the Macbook Pro for a while as the M1 memory limit was 16gb and that wouldnā€™t serve the pro market

1 Like

Nice!!

Linus Media has posted a quick hands on comparison. Looks interesting and promising. Good old Acorn!

:smiley:

1 Like

Big Sur running on regular Mac

Joining the dark side - early Christmas presents in the office :slight_smile:

5 Likes

1 Like

Whatā€™s that keyboard?

superb build quality - works on up to 3 different computers at the same time / PC < > MAC
1 Like

I have two of them, yes, they are fantastic.

1 Like

:+1: Iā€˜m still waiting for mineā€¦ should arrive next week.

Thanks for the info! I will look into it. I use my mechanical gaming one and while itā€™s very satisfying to ā€œkillā€ people with it, itā€™s too noisy for coding :joy:

Switching between my PC and MAC seems like something I need.

That looks like a great tip. Which mouse do you use with it? It looks like the MX Master 3 Advanced Wireless Mouse works with the keyboard, for controlling multiple computers. It looks similar to the vertical mouse I use at the moment, but sometimes I prefer wired mice (I have a wireless and a wired mice connected to my computer as I canā€™t decide).

I use ShareMouse to control multiple computers (it works very well), but presumably this solution works very well too.

I got the MX Anywhere 2s:

It was like 50% off on Black Friday in a computer store nearby :slight_smile: It also supports up to 3 different computers.

Thanks again. I can feel some early Christmas presents coming on.

1 Like

I have my little M1 Mac Mini arriving tomorrow - VERY excited!

I think I know the answer but just want to checkā€¦
At the moment Wappler will run for any project on M1 except for if you are deploying to any docker target? Can you deploy edit/deploy to Docker without Docker Desktop running locally?

There were some issues with some libraries also(i.e. sharp). So if you are running a local server and using components that use these libraries you might run into some issues.

Thanks Jonas,
Sharp is NodeJS only, right? I only have PHP projects at the moment. Do you know if any compatibility issues exist for PHP development in Wappler?

Yep, for node. No idea about php sorry

1 Like