Wappler now and the future

Hi all,

Been away for quite a while. I’m building a new startup and defaulted to Wappler without much thought.

I was wondering if the community and team could help answer a couple of questions that may also be valuable for others;

1. Over the last 12+ months has Wappler continued to evolve with relevant technology/functionality at the same rate as it used to? And remains stable?

2. What is the future of Wappler? With the pace of AI as well as other low-code/no-code solutions maturing for example it’s important to understand what this means for software in general and in particular Wappler. Can the team help to understand what major updates are planned, or the general direction of Wappler ?

Matt

1 Like

I believe this topic will answer question no. 2 - Wappler Roadmap 2022/2023 and beyond

1 Like

My personal opinion is that they’re on the right track, especially by focusing on extensability. And I do find that Wappler gets stabler by the month.

But you’re asking “at the same rate as it used to?” which you’d have to decide by yourself what that rate was, and what the rate is. Quick way to do so is by skimming through patch notes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @karh “the same rate as it used to”, the velocity was an updated version each week, except for holidays. While I don’t necessarily advocate such velocity, regardless of how talented the team was - it does seem that this is not the case anymore.

In fact, the forum/community seems far smaller and less active in general - which is always a concern when we see less activities from the small founding team, as well as adoption (= community activity).

It would be good to see one of the team chime in here in case anyone else is viewing/wondering about the longevity of Wappler.

Thank you @Notum there is some useful insight here

The weekly updates are expected to return soon:

1 Like

Oh great, this is positive - to me it’s more a show of confidence than a need for such.

Wappler is a great product i’m an advocate for just, I simply want to ensure what i’m building is with a platform that’ll be around for a while longer.

Nothing has really changed in the community or in our work. We’ve been working really hard during the time you were not active in the community and our community has grown with many new users.
Nothing has really changed in the weekly updates and Wappler is not going anywhere soon :slight_smile:
And looking at all the different “no-code” or “low-code” tools that pop up every week, having you restricted, locked in or having limited functionality - Wappler is still the best option to build your project.

3 Likes

Your comments are not at all accurate. The Wappler team has consistently released new features nearly every week for years. I’m continually impressed with their abilities to tackle normal defects that arise as well as implement major features with such a small team on such a consistent weekly frequency.

They also communicate whenever there are challenges to their weekly cadence ( annual holiday break or rare emergencies), but those are very rare.

There’s also many of us in the forums every day asking and answering questions, so I’m not understanding how you think the forum is not active.

5 Likes

That’s fun, I just came back to have a look. I tried Wappler last year and some month this year, but left because of some (to many) issues with the mobile part (that initially drew my attention).

Now I am back with a new project (API and a bit web, the app will be done without Wappler) and think of subscribing again.

How so @kfawcett?

My question / point to the post is to understand the current state of Wappler and the team (as I plan to invest heavily in developing a new company on it but have been away for a while). I was not questioning the team or product’s history.

As I mentioned, the previous pace of updates was rapid indeed, however the last update I believe was March 22, which is nearly 6 weeks. So I believe my comment to be very valid, and accurate.

Regarding forum activity - at a glance, it looks like the same group of people that were around when I was last part of the forum, no significant or at least obvious to me growth in terms of community members. this doesn’t mean users aren’t growing rapidly, however - I just don’t have access to this info.

When someone is about to invest in a platform that is core to the success of a new company it is perfectly normal to investigate the current state of the software, team and future.

I think perhaps with the defensive tone you misunderstand the purpose of my post. It’s not to diminish the achievements of this a-grade team and product - but to make sure that i’m making the right decision in technology I’m using for the MVP of our platform. Slow or declining community activity, plus slower developments from the team are very normal signs of a decline in a typical product.

That said, I’m buoyed by the general feedback, especially @Teodor’s (thank you for your reply Teo, I appreciate it) that the team is alive and kicking as is the progress of Wappler and that developments have slowed as they take a breather, and feel comfortable in my decision to build our new company with it.

I’ve never tried mobile - but have always been super impressed with the web-app capabilities.

Thanks for the reply Teo, I really appreciated it and has helped cement the decision to continue on with Wappler. We’ll be implementing a mix of ML recommendations, and AI so will be having quite a bit of fun.

There was a reason for this. Some personal info and Wappler updates status

With a little searching, you can easily view every release here and see that releases are pretty consistent. https://community.wappler.io/search?q=released%20%23wappler-general%3Aannouncements%20order%3Alatest

Glad you feel better. Even if the Wappler team disappeared tomorrow, everything you build will still function and you would be able to use normal developers to expand it. There’s nothing in the code that is not able to be modified with a normal text editor.

2 Likes